Author Topic: Accept Credit Card with 0 balance due  (Read 1349 times)

marie33

• Beginner
Accept Credit Card with 0 balance due
« on: October 11, 2011, 15:50:54 pm »
Hello.

For our client, we have entered coupon codes that allow customers to purchase his product for $0 as well as $0 for shipping and handling. In order for them to purchase the item, they need to enter their credit card information. However, customers are receiving this error "Error 3-1-5-p  A valid amount is required."

I am using Authorize.net to collect the credit card information. I believe I can change a code in the backend that will ignore the $0 total. Perhaps, in this file www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_authorize.php.

If anyone can provide any suggestions or can think of an easier way for this to be accomplished, I would appreciate it a lot. I am using Joomla Version 1.5.15 and my virtuemart version is 1.1.5. Thanks

marie33

• Beginner
Re: Accept Credit Card with 0 balance due
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 20:39:05 pm »
Actually, the error message was delivered by authorize.net. They will not accept payments equal to 0. So my resolution was to set the Authorize.net settings in Virtuemart to Authorize Only. This will allow the credit card to be accepted at checkout. And since the client does not need the credit card, he won't have to authorize the card for payment in his Authorize.net account.