News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

customize the ajax popup

Started by alexsai, October 10, 2011, 16:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexsai

Hi all!
I tried to figure out it on my own but i didn't find the correct file.
Which file I have to edit for customize the ajax popup that appears after push the "add to cart" button?
( obviusly i don't talk about css styles )
thanks,
Alex

PRO

com_virtuemart/controllers/cart.php

/* Load the cart helper

I think thats it

alexsai

That's it. You are right :)
Thank you very much!

tomshirvo

Can I get some more help with this I have found where it is but im not sure what I have to delete to make it stop coming up

erik.demartiis

Quote from: alexsai on October 10, 2011, 16:44:42 PM
Hi all!
I tried to figure out it on my own but i didn't find the correct file.
Which file I have to edit for customize the ajax popup that appears after push the "add to cart" button?
( obviusly i don't talk about css styles )
thanks,
Alex

Oh this is very interesting.
And if I want to change the graphics, where i have to modify please?
I think you know where :) "( obviusly i don't talk about css styles )"
I want to change the dimension of the box and the position of overlay.
Please give me an hint.

thank you
Erik

erik.demartiis

Autoresponse.
facebox.js and facebox.css are the file to modify.

Bye
Erik

morktron

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on October 11, 2011, 00:07:53 AM
com_virtuemart/controllers/cart.php

Thanks this is useful. It seems to be the only way to structure the html of the ajax popup. Shame it does not use the MVC / template override method meaning you have to hack the VM core to style the popup.

Would be great if things like this could fixed in future minor releases ;) thanks for the tip on cart.php

yohio

does anyone know how to change the layout?
I want to place the continue shopping button and the show cart button below the messages.
css just won't cut it, and I'm struggling in placing the code just the right way inside the cart controller file...
anyone have a clue??

alex-corp

Hello!
How can I change the link "continue shopping" in popup for remaining in the productdetail's page?
Is it possible?
And the related problem is here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95666.0
tnks all

lipes

Hi.

Where it's possible to edit the position in style of the popup? I saw that the popup is not well centered / align.

I do not like this layout and wanted to change it, if possible... I am thinking of putting an arrow pointing to the shop cart.

<div id="facebox" style="top: 170.9px; left: 442px; ">

thanks for any help!
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

PRO

Quote from: prolipes on February 17, 2012, 01:43:47 AM
Hi.

Where it's possible to edit the position in style of the popup? I saw that the popup is not well centered / align.

I do not like this layout and wanted to change it, if possible... I am thinking of putting an arrow pointing to the shop cart.

<div id="facebox" style="top: 170.9px; left: 442px; ">

thanks for any help!

I thought the centered was fixed in the latest versioon

lipes

nice! :)
i'll have to install the latest version..

But I also need to remove some text from the popup... (i think that this popup box it's to small to display so many information)...
I got 2 links (continue shopping and chekout) ... and 2 msgs saying +/- the same thing.. that "the product was added to the shopping cart.."

i think that will be if i could change the popup layout and insert something like this:

pointing to the shopping cart website information...

Zuske

So here a bug, in the JS popup box u get 2 of the same messages

The product was added to your cart.      AND
"here goes the productname" was added to your cart.

I want to remove : COM_VIRTUEMART_MINICART_ADDED_JS
where? its not in the cart.php
i want to remove it in the core not in the language file

lipes

My popup hack has gone with the vm updates....
and now i cant find here is the place or which line to modify the code and remove the links / text:
"Show Cart" / "Continue Shopping" / "The product was added to your cart." / "test1 was added to your cart".

argh :/
Someone could help please?!

With will be better if in future this popup be more custumizable to us ..

breturi7

Quick fix on the repetitive "Added product to cart" / "____ Was Added To Cart."  I tried deleting various lines in the cart.php with no luck, so ended up just deleting the "Product added to cart" text (COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRODUCT_UPDATED=, line 75 or so) in the "en_GB.com_virtuemart.ini file and replaced it with a <br>. Did the same with COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRODUCT_UPDATED=, on line 78 or so.  A lot quicker than php trial and error for those of us who aren't well versed in it.