News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipping

Started by CranialBlaze, October 07, 2011, 14:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CranialBlaze

How does one enter a second shipping weight for the same shipper.

The post office charges by kilogram so i created a standard shipper for 0.1-1KG and Named it post office, when i went to create a second 1 it complained the name was not unique and added 18080 to the end of it.
How do i add the 1.1-2kg option for the shipper?

I have run out of places to look.
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

Milbo

Just use your logic man,

when you have two shippers with the same name and they get displayed, how do you know which shipper to choose. So add to your shipper a number or the weight range and you are fine.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

CranialBlaze

That was my firat idea, set 1 @ 0-1kg and the second @ 1.1-2kg and in checkout both options displayed for a 0.25kg product. Only the 0-1kg should of displayed.

How it worked in vm1.1 I had 99 entries all with the same shipper name ranging from 0.1 to 100kg and only the applicable 1 displayed. That's how standard shipper should work, creating a shipper was seperate from the pricing, the prices were assigned to the shipper and only the cost applicable to the weight of the items in the cart displayed in checkout.

I know u don't know me, but I have been using vm since 1.0 and I do know my way around and did bother to try and find a workable approach to this, but compared to the previous standard shipper their is either a problem with this one or the solutions fairly well hidden.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

alatak

Hi CranialBlaze,

I have fixed it in revision 4310. You can now have several times the same shipping name. It was meant like that.
You can use the description field. It is only used in the BE, and should help you to remember the shipping rates you already defined.

QuoteI know u don't know me, but I have been using vm since 1.0 and I do know my way around and did bother to try and find a workable approach to this, but compared to the previous standard shipper their is either a problem with this one or the solutions fairly well hidden.
I also know very well Vm since it was called mambo-phpshop...
VM2 is different from all those previous versions. And we hope better :).
We know that VM veterans will try to find VM1 functionnalities and it takes time to get used to this new VM.

CranialBlaze

I'm happy for the new functions, quite like change myself, that's just one of those things that you can't really change too much.

Thanks for the fix, will check it out on Monday when I am back @ work.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

CranialBlaze

Just 1 quick question, the sites going into its first beta test so i am not too keen on replacing it with an svn rite now but would like to have the corrected shipping files.

Were the changes purely in the files, ie i can just copy that pluggin off the svn or are their updates in the DTB.

For the beta it can work with just the shipping resolved, i have worked around any other remaining bugs that i have found at least to influence user experience.

Thanks.

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

alatak

Hi,

QuoteWere the changes purely in the files, ie i can just copy that pluggin off the svn or are their updates in the DTB.
Look at the revision i gave you  to see the changes i made.
It is just one line to comment .

CranialBlaze

Quote from: alatak on October 10, 2011, 08:58:46 AM
Hi,

QuoteWere the changes purely in the files, ie i can just copy that pluggin off the svn or are their updates in the DTB.
Look at the revision i gave you  to see the changes i made.
It is just one line to comment .

Thanks, thats all sorted out now.

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2