Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[solved]Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu item

Started by nflmerch, October 06, 2011, 23:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

install

hi  :)
i had a same pro and solved it
in the menu manager-> create a new menu item->menu type, you select 1 of virtualmark menu type
done
hope it help ;)

nflmerch

This has been fixed in subrelease J   ;D
I can now unpublish the VM menu module without this error showing up.
Thank you

Venkko

Hi!

I just installed 1.9.8.L and now my front-end shows up Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu item
I have Joomla 1.5.23.

What I have read in here there has not been good solutions about this allthough this thread has been marked as solved.

So how can I get rid of that text?
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

orasis

I am testing virtuemart v2.0.1n  on joomla 2.5.1 and I have created all menu items available by virtuemart. I do get the message:

Info: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item

..that, when I am at a virtuemart page. If I am on Joomla's home, I get:

Info: COM_VIRTUEMART_ASSIGN_VM_TO_MENU

not so nice so far :D hope this gets fixed soon.
cheers and congrats for the great work so far.

p.s: who had the idea to mark topic as solved I dunno..

Update: Ok I tried something different and worked. Once I had the site to multilanguage mode, I didn't have any virtuemart menu item set to "Language > All". All vm menu items where in a specific language.
The message went away when I created a menu item "VirtueMart >> Front page >> Language > All".
At least that's how it works so far. Of course that menu item can be hidden and not shown anywhere but needs to be published.

Studio 42

Hi mflmerch,
It's simple, If you donot set correctly the menu entry to have right sef then you have this message.
Try to inactive SEF in joomla setting and look, no more> Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu

If you want not see a specific Virtuemart link but have a right SEF
add menu link to menu's but unpublish the module displaying this or simply does not affect you rmenu links to a module menu.
It's so in joomla and we only inform that must be done.

nflmerch

Thanks Electrocity, but my issue was fixed in subrelease J way back in October:
Quote from: nflmerch on October 21, 2011, 22:30:08 PM
This has been fixed in subrelease J   ;D
I can now unpublish the VM menu module without this error showing up.
Thank you

Merry

NFLMerch said:
> Wow this thread is confusing  :o   The first few strange answers have led me to spend alot of time looking into things and reading forums that has nothing to do with my error.
> Now again, I searched all over the forum for any thread with the  Fatal error: Class 'VirtuemartController error, and looked at the code, and I'm still not sure what that has to do with Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu item.  And just an FYI, this thread was marked [solved] when it hasn't been.

NFLMerch is correct; this thread is marked SOLVED when it does not tell HOW to assign virtuemart to a (fake) menu item to make this error message go away.

Could someone either unmark this solved, or give the solution, please?  I would really prefer the solution. :-)

TIA,
Merry
Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

alquemius

Hi This post was really helpful I wanted to add for anyone else who comes...

In my case I did want the store front page, but even though I had assigned the menu it still send the error.
I solved it by going to Menu Manager: Edit Menu Item in joomla and on the language selection I left is as "All"

Problemn solved  I have two languges installed for site and content perhaps that's why.

Have a good one!

Peter Pillen

In my case (multilanguage site and virtuemart)... I had all menu already there and this error never occured before.

I solved it by going to virtuemart > configuration >configuration > shop > language settings

I needed to re-select all the languages for virtuemart. Possibly after an update, the language settings get lost during the proces.