Only shipment fee below specific amount of total price

Started by Awerso, October 03, 2011, 21:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awerso

I would like to use a shipment fee only for orders which are below 120 euro of total price.
How can I configure this in VM2?

PRO

have you looked in the admin configuration "minimum amount for free shipping"?

Awerso

First i didn't found that, but now there is 120 euro in there but when I'm trying to buy something higher than that amount people still need to pay the shipping costs.
Using VM shipper by weight volume..... Some specific countries and then the amount of shipping fee in Shipping Rate Value. Also tried Package fee but no difference for the below en above 120 euro question.

Awerso

Is this a bug or just a configuration thing? I'm using J1.7.1 and VM2.0.0-RC-2G

Awerso

Now updated to version H, still a shipping fee above 120 euro.
Is it a configuration thing then?

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Awerso

ok and where can I find the second shipment rate?
Ofcourse I can add a new shipping method which is free but that's not the correct solution i guess?

alatak

Hi,

We are going to improve the shipping method.
Right now it is only based on weigth+countries.
We are going to add an amount condition.

Awerso

ok nice, is this a feature thing or before the VM2 release?

alatak

Awerso

ok that's nice, is there a date for the new version? (I or final release)

RyWild

I still don't see any method for getting shipping to be based on total item cost.  Is there any third party extension that is 2.0 compatible or has alatak developed it into the core yet?

Stephen Roberts

I built a shipping plugin that calculates shipping according to the order total using tiers like:

Order TotalShipping Cost
>509.99

Is that what you're looking for?
Sell downloadable (virtual) products in VirtueMart 2 and deliver downloads via local server, Amazon S3, and more! http://www.digitollsoftware.com

RyWild

Yep that is what I am looking for.  I was able to do something similar by giving the items a weight value same as the cost and then seting weight shipping values appropriately,  But I would prefer to have it working correctly.