News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[fixed]Category Issue: "Class: 'VitruemartController{Category}' not found

Started by aaronf, October 03, 2011, 19:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronf

Hello all.
I am loving VM2 thus far. A big thanks to the developers for all the hard work, it seems like a big improvement. Looking forward to the stable release! :D

My system:
J! 1.7 (recently updated from J! 1.5 using J!Upgrade)
VM2 1.9.8G (recently migrated from 1.1.9)

This is a new store and still in the process of getting off the ground for the first time. However, since migrating to VM2 (with few problems other than the loss of all manufacturers), all of the category links respond in this error:

Fatal error: Class 'VirtuemartController{Name of category}' not found in .../components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php on line 59

Some of the subcategory pages will actually come up, but when any subcategory is clicked, I get the error. If you want to see the error in action, I will leave my site public for a few hours. You can view it at Survival and Homestead Store: Berkey, Sunoven, Wondermill.

Thanks,
Aaron

P.S.: There is also the issue on my site that any page but the home page shows the error: "The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem: jMint-TG". If I need to post a separate support post or post elsewhere, let me know. Otherwise, I would like suggestions on this issue as well.

PRO

have you created a joomla menu link to the virtuemart component?

aaronf

Banquet,
1.1.9 worked fine without it, is it now necessary in VM2?

I just tried making menu items for categories, no difference. Any other suggestions?

Aaron

PRO

aaronf

Yes, the categories have names. I.e.: Camping, Water Filters, etc.

I migrated using the built in Update/Migration tool in the VM2 control panel under tools.

Thanks,
Aaron

PRO

are you using mysql   or mysqli  ?  in joomla admin config?

aaronf

Very keen!

Somehow, when I last used Akeeba Kickstart or when I used JUpgrade to move to J! 1.7 it changed my settings from mySQLi to mySQL... Resetting it has fixed the problem. Thanks!

Any ideas on my "Template couldnt found" error?

Aaron

PRO

the NEW joomla template has to be assigned to everything.

ALSO, OLD virtuemart category, and flypage templates cannot be used.

Its just a matter of a template not being assigned. I dont know where, but thats all it is

aaronf

Ahh! Thank you! In my Virtuemart settings, the store was set to use JMint-TG. I've updated the template since installation, so it must have been pointing to an old revision that I uninstalled. When I changed this setting to "Use Joomla Default," my errors disappeared! And the whole site shows in the proper template.

Unfortunately, I've just now noticed that, even though the category pages no longer give the fatal error, the product flypages still do. I can only hope it was an error in the migration tool caused by the false SQL settings. So, I'll try to reload the 1.5 site, migrate again, and see if that helps... Square one again.

Aaron

PRO

NO, look in a product page, and also category pages,  and see what the template settings are. U can update them with an sql statement

aaronf

Sorry, I am not having problems with the template settings anymore. I am no longer getting "Template couldn't found" messages. I am getting this one on product pages:

Fatal error: Class 'VirtuemartController{Name of category}' not found in .../components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php on line 59

Aaron

aaronf

I suppose this thread might be moved to general support now, up to the mods.

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on why I might still be getting my fatal category errors when I go to the product pages on the frontend? It seems to be all of them. Changing the server setting back to mySQLi (since jUpgrade obviously sets it to mySQL default) eliminated the issue when selecting categories, but now the issue is the same on flypages.

Thanks,
Aaron

aaronf

I just noticed that the afflicted flypages (there is a handfull that actually work) disappear when I log into the frontend. I don't know what that means...

Aaron

aaronf

Updating to revision H solved my fatal errors. Thanks devs!!!

Aaron