News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

UPS Online Tools

Started by Larry May, April 02, 2005, 02:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry May

I have received my UPS user id, password, the Developers Key, the XML Key and HTML Key. I have tried using both the XML and HTML development pack and with the same result. I was reviewing the module and it retreives a price by total weight and notice that I was missing the lbs in unit of measurement in my product attributes, but changed that. Everytime I try a checkout with the UPS module turned on, it goes into limbo land. Is there an error log I can check to see where it's failing? Or is there some easy fix, I'm not aware of? Everything works fine with the standard shipping and just set up a flat fee for shipping, but now that I offered to use the UPS module, my brother insists on using it.

I"m using the Enterprise Edition v.1.2 with Mambo 4.5.1  ??? ??? ???

Soeren

Hello,

the UPS module was working for me as I released it. It uses cURL for communicating to the UPS server. Do you have cURL to use it on your website?

To debug the UPS module you can let it print out the XML response from UPS.
In the file /classes/shipping/ups.php find the line

$xmlResult = curl_exec( $CR );

and change it to

$xmlResult = curl_exec( $CR );
echo htmlspecialchars( $xmlResult );

So you can see what's coming back...

ciao, Soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

Larry May

No, I have never heard of cURL. What is it and where can I get it? Thank you for the debug mode info.

Soeren

Either you have it or not. It's compiled with PHP as usual.
Go to your System Information and check the PHP Info if cURL is listed.

ciao, Soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

Larry May

CURL support  enabled 
CURL Information  libcurl/7.10.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a ipv6 zlib/1.1.4 

I guess I have it, but I have added the echo code and it still hangs and doesn't display the htmlspecialchars.

Larry May

Soeren,

Any suggestions on what else to look for?

jaybird2024

UPS Shipping Module (UPS OnLine Tools) for some reason will not add up orders where the item weight is LESS THAN 1LB. Items GREATER THAN 1LB seem to work fine.

I have seen several work around codes that exclude the use of the UPS ONLINE TOOLS, however, since my client needs the module, these options will not work for us.

Anyone that has a fix for this please let me know. We have over 30,000 items in the catalog, and it is all waiting on this one module.

Thanks in advance.
Jaybird

misticjeff

Just a bump really...

I happened upon VirtueMart quite by accident but am amazed at its functionality.  I'm hoping to use it to replace Zen Cart at my online store.

To piggy back on jaybird2024's question, is there a solution to the UPS Module issue?  UPS errors if a product weighs less than a pound and I have many such products in my store.  Any help would be very appreciated.

Jeff

edit:  to add a little more to this...  I cannot get any rates from UPS other than Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air.  Ground, 3 Day Select, Express Saver, none of them show up.  Is there an obvious reason i'm just missing??

edit #2: UPS Ground rates started appearing so all is well there.  Just need a fix for the error when having product weight less than 1 pound.

QuoteError: <span class="message">UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.</span><br/>Error Code: 111030<br/>Error Description: Packages must weigh more than zero pounds.<br/>