News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PayPal(New API) error with VM 1.1.8

Started by dfennelly, May 17, 2011, 00:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfennelly

Hi

My Paypal (New API) payment system was working fine until I upgraded to VM 1.1.8. Now when I try to complete a purchase, I get an error.....

Invalid Credit Card Number or Credit Card Verification Code.
Error: Invalid Credit Card Number or Credit Card Verification Code.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_paypal_api)
Invalid Credit Card Number or Credit Card Verification Code

Has anyone come across a solution to this. Ive tried to find an obvious fix but Im stuck.

All help appreciated.

Declan

yobokkie

I am having the same problem with a site I'm setting up. The site URL is http://earthafricacurio.com
First it keeps saying the tax is invalid then it gives those same four errors when you try to pay. Can someone PLEASE help me to understand what's happening, especially since I have other sites that use paypal where it works fine.  It's running 1.1.8 but there is a lot of custom code in the template and zones shipping area.

yobokkie

Further to this I have now done a clean install of virtuemart 1.1.9 on the site, (backed up all the old files obviously) set up a sandbox account in paypal and still no success! Same four errors, I see there are at least 3 other people with the same problem so surely it's something the DEV team needs to look at?

yobokkie

Well let me continue my conversation with myself then shall I? I am now encountering a new problem, it keeps telling me that the tax total is invalid. "Error: PayPal returned: Tax total is invalid."
Seriously is there no one who can help me with this???
This store doesn't need any tax added to the products so quite honestly we could do away with it but I need it working either way.

wjr

Have you tried turning tax off in the VirtueMart admin config page?
I have just installed 1.1.9 with PayPal new api (no other options enabled), two fixed shipping rates and I don't get any tax or shipping calc errors (I have my own probs with IPN  :( )

Second thing to look at is the address of the store; I had shipping errors (but not tax) when I did not have the store physical address fields filled in correctly.

Can't think of any thing else.

yobokkie

Thanks for the advice, didn't work though. If I switch off the tax the error is different but it's still an error. Maybe it is to do with where the store is located though, in which case it may not be a virtuemart issue?

ewanvrooyen

Does anyone know how to fix the problem regarding the errors in 1.1.8, please.