News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Which one is better with VM2, Joomla 1.5 or 1.7

Started by Venkko, September 21, 2011, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

healthtrainer

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on September 27, 2011, 18:07:50 PM
healthtrainer, what he means is Joomla can enhance a shop far more than just a shopping cart out of the box will ever do.

When you combine Joomla's capabilities with virtuemart store the possibilities are endless. J1.7 is better than 1.5 and so will be the next releases.
Many thanks ,but what do you suggest,I have a new site in J1.7.x ,I'd like to publish it but VM 2.0 is not ready,how many months shall I wait until the whole release is completed?
thanks and bye

PRO

should be very soon less than 1 month.

BUT then small bugs will be found, and fixed pretty quickly.

healthtrainer

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on September 27, 2011, 19:39:03 PM
should be very soon less than 1 month.
BUT then small bugs will be found, and fixed pretty quickly.
It's a good news.I started once again to install J1.5.24 :-\ My God!! ;it seems to get back on century 1 B.C. or Commodore 64  :o  I don't think to work with J 1.5.24 and VM 1.1.8,cause I have to rebuilt one more time the whole site. VM2.0 has just a bit of errors. I'll use the new site with VM 2.0 only as catalogue in PDF Files and I'll insert my service and products on one page and a special button with Paypal.That's it!
Then, when Vm 2.0 Stable is ready I'' ll download it and all the products will run on it.It's the best choiche for me.And to hear that VM 2.0 will be ready in one month is a really good news.
Are you writing from USA? here is 11.02 PM Good night and good afternoon.
Many thanks and best regards,
healthtrainer

lindapowers

I really appreciate the work being done by developers both in Joomla and Virtuemart, but right now If I had to build a new shop I'll go for Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1.9, that's all I meant in my previous comment ;)

And yes.. Joomla 1.7 looks nicer than joomla 1.5, sadly thats it's biggest "improvement".

You can see a big improvements and new features installing this new beta versions of Virtuemart compared to the old 1.1.9 which sorry but I don't see in Joomla.

macrocom

Defenetly J1.7..Better and greater performance.