is it possible to have Free of charge on Cash on delivery over a specific amount

Started by escapezone, September 24, 2011, 15:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

escapezone

Hello!

For example
Let's say that we have free shipping on  60 euros.

if someone buys 50 euros the COD fee is 2.5 euros
but if someone buys 60 euros or more i want the COD fee to be zero (0) euros

For example if someone buys 60 euros the shipping cost and the Payment Cost (COD) will be free of charge.

Is it possible this on VM 2 ? because on VM 1.1.9 isn't.

Thank you very much for your time :)

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Hi,

QuoteIs it possible this on VM 2 ? because on VM 1.1.9 isn't.
In VM1 it is possible with the flex shipping method.

arcticsoft

I am also looking for a free of charge shipping cost when the total order is > that a specific amount.
VM 1.9.8G

If it is not developed, is there a tutorial or something on how to develop a module for VM2?

escapezone

Quote from: alatak on September 27, 2011, 10:06:49 AM
Hi,

QuoteIs it possible this on VM 2 ? because on VM 1.1.9 isn't.
In VM1 it is possible with the flex shipping method.

The point is to not charge the Cash on Delivery Fee over a specific amount. For the shipping methon i know how it works, but for the Payment method at 1.1.9 i think needs a custom solution...

arcticsoft

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

you seem to mix up vm1 and vm2. As I said this is afaik already standard in vm2, so why do you bother?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

arcticsoft

Hi, I don't want to hijack this thread, I can create a new thread if there is not a short answer.
Is there an out of the box way of doing charging a fix amount based on order total amount (not zipcode or weight).
0 if total >= 200
10 if Total < 200

if so, how?

escozul

So now we are at Virtuemart 3 and still no answer as to "how" this is done!!!

Milbo

It is since years there. Nativly! and also often described. Just create two times the COD,

The first COD costs and in the "Maximum Amount" you write the 60€ the second COD has no fee and should have as minimum 60.01

escozul

Thank you.

I was unable to find a description for it so I figured it out on my own. However that looked to me like a workaround rather than a native solution as it is with shipping methods "Cost above which shipping is free"