News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2 Extensions For J1.7

Started by benji201, September 22, 2011, 21:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benji201

So, I am just about to be setting up a nice fresh J1.7 website and it is going to need virtuemart.  VM2 is obviously the direction I am going in but I am having trouble finding extensions...  I know there has been a couple developed here and there which seem to be mostly payment based.  Does anyone know where or when there will be a better selection.  If I go to VMED they have a fantastic selection but nothing for VM2 and upon emailing a member of the VMED team a vague reply was received basically saying they don't know.

I would really like to offer my company some concrete information but as yet can't seem to find it.

Any help would be awesome.

nflmerch

There probably won't be many extensions until the final version of VM2 is released.  It's tough to develop an extension for something that's still in the making and still has bugs. There's even some bugs in J1.7 still.   The development team for VM2 is hoping for a release at the end of this month, and I would imagine there'd be a huge increase in extensions at that time.  I am doing my best to be patient but I can't wait!  ::)

benji201

Haha, thanks very much.  It's my birthday tomorrow and I am actually more excited about VM2...   ???

jjk

We definitely need some more payment plugins, but many of the VM1.x extensions are not required anymore, because their features are already built into VM2  ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

benji201

Ah yes, this was something I had suspected actually whilst reading Milbo's feature list.  The company I am working for had all sorts of custom stuff done before I worked here that then, by the looks of it was released as extensions so I was a little worried that it was going to be a huge issue but again looking at the list it seems a lot of the features are, at least at first glance, incorporated into VM2.  Fingers crossed it covers everything needed.

Thanks jjk for the info.