News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Feature list of VirtueMart 2

Started by Milbo, September 21, 2011, 21:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeme

chocolatepudding

Thanks. Is the theme setup the same? I will install it tonight.

PRO

RosaMagma

Hello,
When will be available the shopper feature: check of eu vat id?
Thanks in advance

antonitus

Quote from: VM4u on February 07, 2012, 10:43:10 AM
HI Milbo, it's great to hear about VM2 , but i just want to check is there any Wishlist/Favorite list functionality in VM2..........

This is an excellent idea and I have been waiting for something like this for ages.  Isn't anyone going to comment on this very important feature?  Most, if not all of the major online shops, like Amazon, eBay, etc. have this 'Whishlist/Favourite' feature.  Even VM's competitors, 'RedShop' have this as part of their free package. Please add this to the 'todo' list.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

adham

In Joomla 2.5 when you install VM2 a link menu is not created, I had to re install VM2 for it to appear. This is an old bug and should of been fixed by now.
Also lack of documentations, like for example template creation, as we all know that VM2 is new and there not many out there.

I know there are posts here and there in the forum, but all spoken from a developer point of view, meaning you are assuming we understand the whole structure of VM2, to tell you the truth I have been using VM for 4 years now and I still dont get some of the "logic" behind things. A step by step with examples would be great, maybe gather ALL the posts out there and make it official.
The Wiki part is lacking too, again it is all assuming that you know what this and that stands for.

Cheers!

baggeler

I think that´s a big challenge of free projects like this...

Most are programmers and there are missing people which would contribute to organize the information so its understandable for everybody. Is there anybody of those with VM2 understanding willing to contribute to this?

Can we start and create a wiki where we paste the solutions collected from this forum or other places and start improving this with more information on the go? There are some pretty good concepts implemented here but I do not understand their implementation and I guess quite most of the people will not understand those intuitively. Most of us are autodidactive people able to learn on the go but the basic concepts like how shopper group work or how multilanguage is implemented and impacts views of the site and much more do need first a clear understanding.

Namaste!
Bernhard

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

Bruce Morgan

I agree with the last two posts.  There is nothing like step-by-step instructions even if they are tedious to write.  Simple english is preferable to "developer-speak".

BTW there is a commercial favorites/wishlist module out there and I use it for my live VM1.1 site.  The cost is reasonable and their lates version is 2.0 compatible.

lipes

When we remove a product or unpublish any product and visitors came to our site by some search engine ... they get a kind of message of errors like: "404 The requested product does not exist." etc...

Idea: It's possible to have any cookie and redirection link that detects the category of that product removed/unpublished and redirect our visitors to the Product Category to they choose the new product and dont go away from our product catalog. ? 
Or (solution 2) add any search box bellow the ERROR message to people can search the new product or update Sku. (with a message like .. "This is an old Product SKU. Please search in the Category Link or contact us for + info.. "

"Favorites / wishlist" and "Product Comparasions" are good feature.
But all kind of extensions are commercial only if any good developer person give/share the code to all the community we could get that for free...
the world is becoming more selfish.. so.. we wont get that.
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Bruce Morgan

I do not mind paying for modules if they are not part of the VM core or if they are great improvements over what is available for free.  The biggest problem with VM 2.0 righ now is the lack of "out-of-the-box" functionality coupled with usability issues.  I would refer that developers make it easier to migrate my exisiting site and worry about new bells and whistle later.

Don't get me wrong.  I love free.  But why re-invent the wheel when a low cost solution already exists?

baggeler

Is there some adequate place for Virtuemart where feature requests can easily be put in a list, priorized by user votes and commented/improved by other users with related suggestions AND get a clear ACCEPTED, DECLINED, WILL THINK or whatever response by the development team?

I am thinking about something like Google Moderator (http://www.google.com/moderator/), Uservoice (http://www.uservoice.com/), or GetSatisfaction(http://getsatisfaction.com/)

Just anther suggestion

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

franzpeter

Are there any plans to integrate virtuemart search into joomla search function. It works with the plugin so far. But Joomla 2.5  has an interesting thing integrated into the search component. It was an independent component before called jextended finder and is now native part of Joomla 2.5. The finder is able to index pages. Jxtended did provide a plugin to allow to do so with Virtuemart 1.1.xx. Are there plans to develop a plugin which works with Joomla 2.5 search component too? The advantage is, that the search goes much faster, if an index exists.

becq

Quote from: RosaMagma on March 20, 2012, 15:16:40 PM
Hello,
Thanks in advance

There is like no reply nowhere to be found regarding eu tax mode for vm2 but is pretty crucial when offering straight away payment for customers outside the original country. changing each bill to deduct the vat again is pretty hard work to do. A statement would just be nice, maybe everyone having this question is overlooking the solution.

DaggaTora

Quote from: becq on April 25, 2012, 09:32:48 AM
Quote from: RosaMagma on March 20, 2012, 15:16:40 PM
Hello,
Thanks in advance

There is like no reply nowhere to be found regarding eu tax mode for vm2 but is pretty crucial when offering straight away payment for customers outside the original country. changing each bill to deduct the vat again is pretty hard work to do. A statement would just be nice, maybe everyone having this question is overlooking the solution.

This is needed as air... imposible to sell in EU without this.
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

Panayiotis Fafakos

Hello to all, and many thanks to the developers of this magnificent product!!!

We are currently developing sites with Joomla and Virtuemart and we have a customer request which concerns Virtuemart 2.
Our customer has parent products with child products created using the Custom Field stockable variant method. These child products have different colours and different images displayed when the child product is selected. The customer wants to have stock control on the product variants.

Our customer asks that when a parent product or one of its child products is displayed, there is color chooser so as to switch between the child products but without doing a whole page refresh.

We would need your advice in order
a) to see if such a feature would be implemented in the near future, and
b) if it is not going to be implemented, we would need you to point as to the right direction in order to develop/implement it.

For example: should it be a custom field plugin added to the products which would read if the product has child products and preload all necessary data so as to perform the image change when a user selects a value from a dropdown list?

For the time being, we have used a Generic child variant custom field on the parent product which is also inherited by the child products and offers the option of navigating into the child products but it is done by a full page refresh.

Thank you in advance for your support on the above.

Kind regards to all,

Panos.
www.wisdomsoftware.gr

Panayiotis Fafakos
Electronics & Software Engineer