News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Feature list of VirtueMart 2

Started by Milbo, September 21, 2011, 21:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Klezmer just try it, do not update your old installation, try it out first. vm2 has maybe 100 lines of vm1 left. So,... vm2 does not fix issues of vm1. It is a "new" shop driven by the same community.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Milbo please consider an option to create orders from the administrator (backend).

This seems something simple long time requested for version 1x and never implemented, after installing VM2 I see the option is still not there.

This is really needed for shops like ours were we take phone or e-mail orders.

regards

PRO

Quote from: lindapowers on February 21, 2012, 00:28:28 AM
Milbo please consider an option to create orders from the administrator (backend).

This seems something simple long time requested for version 1x and never implemented, after installing VM2 I see the option is still not there.

This is really needed for shops like ours were we take phone or e-mail orders.

regards

Linda, this is a lot of work to add to the core.

Why not do it from the front end for them?

lindapowers

Hi Banquet

That's how we solve it nowadays but creating orders from the front end is not really the correct way I guess.

I know there are many people requesting features and addons but I was really surprised not to see this option in the core for the new VM.

It is really a lot of work just to add a "Create" button in the orders section?

I've read lots of post for VM 1.x requesting these but how do people solve it with the new VM 2.0 if the option is still not there?

What we did (in VM 1.1.8) is log in as those users (with master password plugin which I don't know if it's available on VM 2.0 + Joomla 2.5) and create the orders.

But I insist IMO this should be a core function and not a requested feature for a plugin or addon, damm even Hikashop allows this option.

Regards

xdoktor

Lindapowers:

we have been using this plugin for while 'VM Invoice'  on J1.5 & VM1 and last year they included 'backend ordering/create new order' system...works very nice too!
i am sure as things settle down with final working versions of VM2 & J2.5.x they will update their plugin :-)
nice guys as well & very helpful with support....i just dont think they pushed the order facility enough!! lol

http://www.artio.net/e-shop/joomla-extensions/vm-invoice

regards
Dok

lindapowers

Hi Xdotkor we are customers of Artio too and we use their invoice component, they did help a lot with those issues.

However their component is meant to create Invoices. Is great that they added an option to add orders but still is incredible that VM core doesn't do this.

An Invoice is a feature or an addon to a shop and I can understand that a 3rd party component does that and not VM itself, but not being capable of creating an order from the backend?

Let's hope VM developers think about it for the future, is really frustrating having to create orders in the frontend logging as users.

Milbo

Yepp, and we created a basic system. createing invoice when order is set to confirmed. It is stored as pdf and sent to the shopper per mail. You can also just press a button and you get your pdf and you can store or print it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JPFaucon

Good morning.

I must create in e-commerce site for a client and I wish it on joomla 2.5 and virtuemart. Can you tell me when version 2.2 will come out of virtuemart. Too bad it was not planned from the beginning for joomla 2.5. The 3.0 version of joomla is already in stores, version 2.2 you will virtuemart compatible.

So maybe a release date?

A big thank you to the developers who work hard to give us versions of virtuemart.

cordially

jenkinhill

JPFaucon, I wonder where you got your mis-information from? Joomla 3 is currently set for release in September 2012 - it is not yet at feature frozen stage. It will only be a short term (6 month) supported release, followed by another STR before the release of the long time supported version 3.5, due around June/July 3013. J2.5 support is continued for about 3 months after J3.5 is released. http://developer.joomla.org/development-status.html

And VM2.0.2 for use with J2.5 is already on the files download page. http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/414-virtuemart-202-is-out
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

antonino78

hello,
when it is expected this function to change the orders received in the administrator backend? :-\
This is the version of vm dè 1x and very useful.
I hope that the team adds this in vm 2.0.2 because it is a pity not to have more :'(

chocolatepudding

Does VM2 work with Joomla 1.7.5 or 2.5?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

RosaMagma

Hello,
Thanks for this extension.
I have one question. In the feature list, there are:
Shopper: default payment and shipment method.
How can I define the payment ans shipment method default for each shooper?
Thanks in advance

maks

Quote from: Milbo on September 21, 2011, 21:54:39 PM
Feature list:

checkout

• guest checkout; completly anonymous checkout
  • option to register at begin of checkout
  • cart is an object, competly overridable by template
  • cart is stored in the session
  • 1 click checkout
  • multipage checkout
  • one page checkout (not by default)
  • SSL

I think this need some update. 1 click checkout? You need more then one click just to input payment and shiping.
Multipage checkout is a feature?

chocolatepudding

Does VM2 work perfectly in Joomla 2.5? I read a forum member telling users to "stop playing with VM2" because they were struggling with certain features.