News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

When is the stable version of VM 2 for joomla 1.7 coming?

Started by soheilom, October 21, 2011, 10:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soheilom

hello,
I really apreciate all the nice work done by VirtueMart, but i am working on a joomla 1.7 site and would really like to have Viruemart for my online store.
Please, can someone let me know for when is the stable oficial version of VirtueMart comming out?? the site has to go live soon and I am not sure if VM 2 will be ready.
Thanks.

cyberviews

Quote from: soheilom on October 21, 2011, 10:56:55 AM
hello,
I really apreciate all the nice work done by VirtueMart, but i am working on a joomla 1.7 site and would really like to have Viruemart for my online store.
Please, can someone let me know for when is the stable oficial version of VirtueMart comming out?? the site has to go live soon and I am not sure if VM 2 will be ready.
Thanks.

And no answer. I also appreciate all the work, but I have to say that it takes ages and ages and ages before there is something stable.

The same with the documentation. There is a complete new struckture and te standard template is gone. Fine!

But that it would be so very pleasant if there would be some documentation which php-file is responsible for which page (flypage, browsepage. That is if they are still called like that)

It's all so extremely vague.

I earn my money with Joomla and Virtuemart. Joomla 1.7 is there for quite some time now (when one looks at the rapidity Joomla was developed with). It would be nice if VM 2 stable would come out before christmas.

Thx

Rob van Linda
.webdesigner {
sleep: never;
nerves: wrecked;
food: unknown;
friends: where???;
}

CranialBlaze

Been working with the new vm for a few weeks now, if you have as much experience as ypu claim then why the need for documentation, the file structure has been greatly simplified.  everything is in folders now, each section sepeeately organized.

If you want to change the "browse" page tey taking a look in the category folder, if you want to change the "fly" page give the productsetails folder a glance. I'm sorry but browse and fly was far more confusing than category and productdetails.  They kind seem quite logical, even before tou think about it.

Took me less than a day to re-order and restlye the store front, category, details and cart pages and that was the downloaded it for the first time, my alterations became much cleaner the next few times I did it, watching the svn and redoing the changes if major updates were made to those specific files.

I can understand the benefit in documentation but for someone whose livelhood is joomla and vm I can hardly see the requirement based on the changes you seem to want to make, a glance at the folder structurw would of nulified that need. As for release date, my guess is its soon, a lot less big changes and a lot more fixes happening, small things like spelling mistakes and languge translations.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

Milbo

Or learn to use the forum. Read here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=130.0 there is all information you need. There are maybe more than 5 threads about the release date. We cant say the release date, because "it is done, when it is done". Read the latest news, read the forum and you get your answer. We get tired by explaining it again and again. Especially when people claim that they are pro and then they even do not know the standard joomla behaviours (template overrides). A templater who learned one time the template override system of joomla dont need any documentation.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

soheilom

OK Ok, relax, the poor guy just asked for some documentation, and I agree with him. Anyway I just wanted to now the realease date, but the answer of "it is done, when it is done" is obviously not going to work for me as I cant tell my clients that their online sotre "is done, when it is done", its not very professional. So I guess virtuemart is Not for me this time.

Milbo

I am a nerd since 29 years now. To say "It is done, when it is done" with the hint, look yourself and use your insight, is much more proffessionel then releasing banana software.

Look on the feature list, look in the developer board and then do you own estimation. Writing software is not like creating a car. I learned to create a car and the process is much easier to estimate then for software. We tought we do the release more than 1 month ago, but j1.7 came out and made a lot of trouble.

I also prefer the opensource method, in the opensource scene you can often see perfect programs with 0.9.9.8, They will never reach 1.0.0, because that means for this programmers that there wont be any changes any more.

You should learn to use your own intelligenz and not to trust what people say to you. I just can say that there are already some people who go online with their vm2 shop next weeks, if it is final or not.

Because this does not interest a real pro. This is opensource, the software is not certified and with insurance, so if final or not, makes not a big difference.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

vetoveljet

Personally as a company owner I would never promise anything for customer before I know when product will be available. Even if I see catalogue with all details etc.
Like we have seen in mobile world - plenty of new, models have been introduced to public but launch date has been postponed for different reasons. We have to remember that developers of Virtuemart are not so highly paid that in commercial software business.

Just my opinion.

Milbo