VirtueMart 2 (1.9.8c)- No pre configure payment method

Started by brijesh.gupta, September 20, 2011, 12:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brijesh.gupta

Hi All,

I have install VirtueMart 2 (1.9.8c) with joomla 1.7 in this i have not found any per-configure payment method with this while it's pre. version their are so many per-configure payment methods like papal,authorized.net ... etc.

How can configure some predefine payment method with this version

Thanks

Brijesh

alatak

Hi,

Yes the payments are not pre confiured.
Please go inthe Shop > Payment methods to configure them.

A the moment, we have Paypal, but not yet Authorize.net.

trendwebsolutions

Is there any way to configure the standard payment to work with Authorize.net without having a working plugin for it?

slotty7130

hello,

i am new to vm2...i have the same problem with payment and shipping methods...how can i configure the pp plugin and are there any shipping methods existing?

cheers
slotty

alatak

Hi,

Did you try that?
QuotePlease go in the Shop > Payment methods to configure them.

And do the same for the shipping methods:
go in the Shop > Shipping methods

slotty7130

yes...got it^^....thank you for the fast response:)

geoffr

Regarding configuring payment methods for VM2, my client has asked me to set up VM so that users enter credit card details, but he later manually enters them in his terminal to process the payment.

Is it possible to configure VM2 to do this?  i.e. ... no transaction actually takes place, just captures the payment details.

thanks,
Geoff

alatak

Hi,

QuoteRegarding configuring payment methods for VM2, my client has asked me to set up VM so that users enter credit card details, but he later manually enters them in his terminal to process the payment.

Not at the moment. I will be done, and we will do it so it is PCI compliant.

webmandesign

Quote from: alatak on November 25, 2011, 09:17:57 AM
Hi,

QuoteRegarding configuring payment methods for VM2, my client has asked me to set up VM so that users enter credit card details, but he later manually enters them in his terminal to process the payment.

Not at the moment. I will be done, and we will do it so it is PCI compliant.

I know you all are working hard and I appreciate that. Any timeframe for this?

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI know you all are working hard and I appreciate that. Any timeframe for this?
Our goal rigth now, is to do the RC3, with all the nice improvments
The payments can come after since they are plugins, and can been installed separatly.

geoffr

I have a site with VM2 almost completed, but unsure how to set up a payment method to capture credit card details.

Are there any instructions available?

thanks,
Geoff

jenkinhill

Geoff see message above: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=91116.msg308206#msg308206

If planning off-line processing, a problem is than in some countries it is illegal to store the CVV2 in a database where there may also exist card number, expiry date and other customer data. This means that even if the highest level of encryption is used to store (and retrieve) data it is still necessary to clear the setup with the card mercant processor.

Paypal is already available and Authorize.net should be available soon. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=91295.msg308407#msg308407
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dontflinch

thanks jenkinhill.   imo paypal stinks and I steer as clear of them as I can, as often as I can.
a.net is a good alternative.
has anyone used squareup?  it seems like the split card number/offline method would work great with them.

jeronimo078

Is there also an option to pay with bank transfer
So the don't have to pay when they order, but they have to pay in (like) 20 days
So they just get a message when they confirmed the order with something i've written

I hope you can understand my english
Jeroen