News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

1.9.8G can't save anything in VM back-end

Started by Venkko, September 19, 2011, 22:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotous

by refresh the config file in the tools i understand to modify a config file for the shop.
the only .cfg file that is beeing installed in the administrator/components/virtuemart is the virtuemart_defaults.cfg
i modify it and no changes happen.

so the only way to modify the config is to reinstal the virtuemart with different defaults. :/
i cant save so i also cant tick the "Enable database Update tools "
and i cant save so i cant pretty much do anything to the config options.

where is it located? i dont have any other .cfg nor .cfg.php in the administrator/component/virtue location...

thx in advance

if needed i could grant u with pm access to the Backend...

mabeall32

I trying to do it and have a site on my desktop that is working, but when I change the config file, nothing happens on server.  I look in the vituemart_defaults.cfg and I don't see a setting for jquery.  is it somewhere else?
this is where I think it should be, based on how the other switches are layout.  but this layout doesn't have anything about jquery
[config]
##shop settings
shop_is_offline=0
offline_message=Our Shop is currently down for maintenance. Please check back again soon.
use_as_catalog=0
currency_converter_module=convertECB.php
order_mail_html=1
dateformat=%m/%d/%y
dangeroustools=1
debug_enable=none

##Shopfront
pdf_button_enable=1

meinekatze

I've exactly the same problem with J1.7.1 german on inmotionhosting.com here.  :(
All components save VM work fine.

meinekatze

Quote from: meinekatze on October 03, 2011, 17:12:38 PM
I've exactly the same problem with J1.7.1 german on inmotionhosting.com here.  :(
All components save VM work fine.
IE spits out: object does not support this property or method, Line 124, character: 4

firebug:
jQuery.cookie is not a function
[Bei diesem Fehler anhalten] jQuery.cookie('vmapply', '0', options);

Milbo

The answer is quite easy.

The file provided with the installer is the virtuemart_defaults.cfg-dist. The config tries to get the config from the database, when there is not data, it tries to take it from the the virtuemart_defaults.cfg, when there is not file it takes it from the virtuemart_defaults.cfg-dist. Why we do that?
We do the copy of the config file because in the other case it would be overwritten by the installer and cant be used as a fall back file. The normal config is stored in the db, because it is faster than a file.

So when you want to change the config with the file, then you have to use in the BE, "Tools and Migration", first tab the command "renew config by file".

This command is quite useful.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mabeall32

OK I click the renew config by file button, It updated so there is a check in update database but it still doesn't let me change anthing.

meinekatze

I've made a new 1.7.1 install (EN). Same result. So 3rd party plugins beside the standard install shouldnt be the reason.

Milbo

Because the file is not correctly updated, you must add
google_jquery=0

or wait for the new version
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

capeinfo

Thanks Milbo.  It's beyond me ... any indication of when the new version might be out?

Milbo

Patrick heavily rewrote the custom field stuff. We test it today and we should have the release this evening.

meinekatze

Any news? :) because i'm a bit stranded with this issue.
cheers

jacob.arlington

i install virtuemrt on two diffrent server with same version af joomla and virtuemart
but one of them save not work and another one work
i attach php info for assistant

virtuemart not work on that server that lastst version of php and mysql installed

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jacob.arlington

Milbo

Quote from: jacob.arlington on October 08, 2011, 05:06:15 AM
its not fixed on new version also :((

It seems you did not understand. The problem is not in virtuemart, the problem is your server. Either you load some extra jquery or your provider blockes the google jquery.

capeinfo

The problem seems sufficiently widespread to address seriously, with detailed instructions on how to overcome the problem.

On October 4 you said: "Because the file is not correctly updated, you must add
google_jquery=0
or wait for the new version"

Well, the new version doesn't address it.

I have a dedicated server at Rochen and use a JAT3 template.  I don't experience this kind of problem anywhere else.