News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Fatal error in the cart module after updating to VM 1.9.8G on J 1.7

Started by pepe2907, September 16, 2011, 16:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepe2907

After updating to VM 1.9.8G /on J 1.7/ got this in the frontend:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method VmConfig::jQuery() in /homepages/12/d333293180/htdocs/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/mod_virtuemart_cart.php on line 35

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

pepe2907

I tried to use Live Update but it doesn't work /again/ so I downloaded the file, mentioned there to my computer and used the Joomla extensions installer /the same way I did the previous time/. I supposed it's an all-in-one installer, isn't that right?
And btw. I am updating from 1.9.8F, not from 1.1.x, so the files I see there marked as all-in-one are pretty old for me.

Milbo

in the file virtuemart1.9.8.RC2G_extract_first.zip are two installers, one for the core, the other is for the modules.

the cart module must have
vmJsApi::jQuery();
vmJsApi::jPrice();
vmJsApi::cssSite();

it was before VmConfig
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

pepe2907

Yes, but why they are not in the file, used by the Live Updater?
Doesn't it counts as a "bug"?
They weren't in the previous Live Update file too, so for anyone using the live update only the main component is updated, but not the modules etc., which leads to errors /sooner or later/.

pepe2907

And now after I updated the modules and plugins I'm getting this in the cart:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/12/d333293180/htdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/calculationh.php on line 391

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/12/d333293180/htdocs/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 191

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/12/d333293180/htdocs/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 1445

I suppose something else is broken too somewhere

PRO

pepe,

is system cache turned on? if so, turn it off.

YOU COULD uninstall the MODULES ONLY, and try reinstalling. BACKUP FIRST.

I do not mean uninstall virtuemart. I mean the modules ONLY.

AND, sometimes these errors are because of things not being totally setup in vmart.

pepe2907

Thank you for trying to help, but I don't think the problem is in the module. Because the new module in the "G" update has a new name there is also the older module - the cart module of the "C" version, and now if I turn it on it shows the same errors /and it didn't show these errors before the update/.
The system cash is not turned on.

Milbo

Quote from: pepe2907 on September 16, 2011, 18:21:35 PM
Yes, but why they are not in the file, used by the Live Updater?
Doesn't it counts as a "bug"?

Can you update j1.5 and it upgrades the plugins for you? What happens, when you upgrade your windows, do you get a new Word?
No.
Plugins and modules are seperated from the core. In general you have to care about that for yourself. But you can assume that the final release will stay more compatible to already installed plugins.

Back to the problem:
You should not have old modules installed. Easiest way,.. uninstall the aio, uninstall all vm extension. Use the newest aio installer to get a updated system.

pepe2907

Excuse me Milbo, but what you are talking about? What J1.5, where? And what Windows?
When you make an autoupdate, it's expected to update everything - the core, and the plugins - everything necessary.
When you autoupdate your Windows, does your Word stops working?
Or at least you should mention somewhere, that after using autoupdate, users should update their plugins manually. Because it's not the way a common user would think. A common user thinks - if there is autoupdate /or Live Update/ it updates the entire package, not just a part of it, unless it's specifically mentioned otherwise. Because it's called Virtuemart Live Update, not Component Live Update. Isn't it right?
And even after updating the plugins /manually from the full "G" package/ it still reports for errors in the cart module /and the problem is not in the cart module itself/, . And well, I know this is not the "final" release and not everything should work perfectly. But it looks like there is some misalignment with the autoupdate.

pinjosi

Solution is.

Delete all "all_in_one virtuemart plg and cart module and install the new all_in_one 1.9.8G version. You will see thats the solution

The update "akeeba" is only updating VM by his own and not the all_in_one package so that means errors. I had the same problem.

See my post here.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90920.0

greets,

The Pin

nflmerch

i would like to point out that there's no possible way for the VM update to know what plugins you have. that's the point of plugins, there are thousands of them and each person uses different ones, some people might only use 1, some people might use 100, and you can even make custom plugins.  it is rather ridiculous to expect VM update to update a custom plugin that it possibly didn't even know exsisted.

pepe2907

Thank you all btw. for answering me, really :)
I already updated my modules from the all-in-one package few days ago.

"i would like to point out that there's no possible way for the VM update to know what plugins you have."
The word is not about all the plugins and modules installed on your Joomla, but just about these, who are part of the virtuemart package, and they are pretty much the same for everyone.

pinjosi

Yes thats true pepe. This is about the plugins and module that come with the virtuemart package 1.9.8 so the developers know what plugins and modules are added