News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

NO MORE THEME. 2+ uses VIEWS (Layout Override)

Started by PRO, September 14, 2011, 21:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBoele

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 11, 2012, 14:20:27 PM
yes its possible,

do you have more than 1 template?

No i have only 1 template installed, beside the default templates. And like i said i copied the file to ../templates/my_template/html/com_virtuemart/askquestion/form.php  and nothing happened. Only if i make a change to the original file.

robinclapp

Banquet tables

You know your solution: 

<?php echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product->virtuemart_product_id.'&virtuemart_category_id='.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage" border="0"',false)); ?>

Is there any way to get a class="modal" into the link so that the details page is a popup?  I have your solution working on my site right now I just need to work in this last piece

PRO

Quote from: robinclapp on April 20, 2012, 23:27:36 PM
Banquet tables

You know your solution: 

<?php echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product->virtuemart_product_id.'&virtuemart_category_id='.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage" border="0"',false)); ?>

Is there any way to get a class="modal" into the link so that the details page is a popup?  I have your solution working on my site right now I just need to work in this last piece

the modal does not work on PAGES, just images.

It can be done with changing the link, and a target new

Or, the modalizer plugin http://www.nonumber.nl/extensions/modalizer      can do it, BUT::::::::::::::  You will have some conflicts that have to be worked out if you try to use it

phiroz

hi,

i'm creating custom views for VM2, and dont have issue with ones i can find in the VIEWS folder.

but for some reason i'm blind to finding the file that is creating the view for Module VirtueMart Products.
so the this here is the code of that the file is creating. i searched folder "com_virtuemart\views" for some file that used the "vmgroup" class

<div class="vmgroup">
<div class="vmheader">Take a look at our brand new products</div>
<div class="vmproduct">
<div class=" width33 floatleft">
<div class="spacer">
<a title="Smaller Shovel" href="/bb/index.php/component/virtuemart/gardentools/smaller-shovel-detail?Itemid=0">
<div class="clear"></div>
<a href="/bb/index.php/component/virtuemart/gardentools/smaller-shovel-detail?Itemid=0">Smaller Shovel</a>
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>

----------- i am an idiot --------------- :o :o :o :o :o :-[
okie so in the same post i just realize where i was going wrong as i was explaining the "component/com_virtuemart" was my AHH HA moment .... its a MODULE. So i should be looking in "modules\mod_virtuemart_product"

lolz what a great first post. still posted it in case some people were wondering where some of the views were.

component view are located in  "components\com_virtuemart\views"
module views are located in "modules\mod_virtuemart_xxxxx"

PRO

modules/mod_virtuemart_product/tmpl/HERE

Snarkelton

I'm sorry, I'm not a PHP expert...

Where exactly do I put:

in category/default.php I assume, but where? what line(s)???

Snarkelton

DISREGARD ---found it. ...around line 441.

And it works! Thanks BT.p!

readyforchange

QuoteFOR changing the css. What you do is copy the virtuemart css located in
com_virtuemart/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css

THEN, add that to your joomla template css file. (or call it seperately, AFTER you put a copy in your Joomla template foler)
THEN, go to vmart configuration, and turn off virtuemart css

I have a question regarding this...

I am using yootheme cloud.  Where would I add the vmsite-ltr.css to since there is no template.css ?

Thanks!

PRO

Quote from: readyforchange on May 08, 2012, 21:17:14 PM
QuoteFOR changing the css. What you do is copy the virtuemart css located in
com_virtuemart/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css

THEN, add that to your joomla template css file. (or call it seperately, AFTER you put a copy in your Joomla template foler)
THEN, go to vmart configuration, and turn off virtuemart css

I have a question regarding this...

I am using yootheme cloud.  Where would I add the vmsite-ltr.css to since there is no template.css ?

Thanks!

whatever file your template loads.

View source, or use firebug

kasperghost

Hey Banquettables.pro,
is it possible to add the functionality of module VM - featured products into the overriden
<template>\html\com_virtuemart\virtuemart\default.php
Or do i have to directly edit the \components\com_virtuemart\views\virtuemart\tmpl\default.php ?

I want to have my frontpage load only featured products but with the added functionality of the
module. That is missing from the default.php inside virtuemart. Is it possible?
If I load inside an article the featured products and dont load the virtuemart at the frontpage then
the categories module stops functioning correctly while at the same time on top of the article a
message is being displayed to load the virtuemart.
How can I have categories working on the module on the side with no categories being at the center?

sorry for my english!
thanx for any answer in advance!

cristina

Hi,
does somebody knows if override works even for the backend?
I would like to override the "orders" in the administration.
I managed to make the changes I want, but if I can override the admin component it would be better.

Thanks
Cristina
VM 4.0.22 10864 - Joomla! 4.3.2 - php 8.0.27

PRO

Quote from: cristina on June 01, 2012, 17:05:37 PM
Hi,
I managed to make the changes I want, but if I can override the admin component it would be better.

Thanks
Cristina

yes, you do the same, but in your admin template

cristina

VM 4.0.22 10864 - Joomla! 4.3.2 - php 8.0.27

bajobongo

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on June 01, 2012, 17:17:01 PM
Quote from: cristina on June 01, 2012, 17:05:37 PM
Hi,

Thanks
Cristina

No, not always. I've modified a file product_edit_information.php (available at: administator/component/com_virtuemart/views/product/*) in my template and nothing. Only default.php from this directory is overridable. Is it bug?
yes, you do the same, but in your admin template

PHPHELL

Hi  BanquetTables.pro.

joomla 2.5
vm 2.6

I have recently purchased a vm template and I have to say the whole experience was hell - I finally got it and then of course turned to instruction from them as to how to install it.

What I found was vague at best and they used the term "Theme folder" as to where to install!  Yet vm2 does not have a themes folder.  I wrote to them but as they are pretty usless at best, I hold no hope for any decent help.

So I search for help and found your instructions.

However, I am struggling to make sense of your guide and hope you can clarify.

QuoteOpen the view folder you want to change, THEN, the tmpl folder.
COPY the "default.php"

I only have one view folder and I opened tmpl folder and copied the default.php.

QuoteIn your JOOMLA template folder. You create a folder called  "html" then a folder called "com_virtuemart" in it.

This is where the template instructions did help, I uploaded the new vm template html folder to this directory as you say and it does have the com_virtuamart folder within.

QuoteThen for each view you want to override. Create a folder for it.

Now, this is where I am really lost. could you possibly explain in detail. I want to change every view and clearly the new template has all views changed. I can only assume you mean here that I create a folder for say "productdetails"

do I name this new folder anything I want? productdetails1 for example?  and do this with ALL other views  askaquestion, cart  etc  ( this seems longwinded and I do not think I am correct)

QuoteThen place your modified "default.php" an that views folder.

Again I am lost.... I have no idea what I need to do, to modify "default.php"  what line or even what I need to do to call this new template.  Of course answers to the above questions may make this clearer.

I feel totally let down from a paid for sevice, not what you you expect really so if you can lessen the blow and eleborate further I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Scott