News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Confirmation on how the UPS module works

Started by bobthebob01, September 13, 2011, 15:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobthebob01

Hi,

i haven't used VM for a while, and never used the UPS module. I just a few questions in that regards.
Given that you enter the weight and size of a product, does the module calculate the shipping cost automatically according to the store address and shipping address?

thanks

lowmips

The original VirtueMart UPS module uses the weight, source address, and destination address to calculate the shipping price.  Dimensions are not considered.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

bobthebob01

thanks for your reply lowmips,

so does it means that when you use the VM UPS module, you don't need to enter all shipping cost per product and per country/zone? Does the UPS module simply connect with UPS DB to automatically calculate the shipping cost on the fly during the checkout process?

lowmips

That's right.  You sign up with UPS for the rating API, plug your credentials into the module, configure the module, and the rest should be automatic.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

bobthebob01

Niiiiiiice!

thanks again very much lowmips for your quick reply.

cheers