Author Topic: (Strangely Fixed )State Country & Card Fields gone  (Read 1918 times)

Stonedfury

• Stonedfury
  • Skype Name: Stonedfury
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.0.24
(Strangely Fixed )State Country & Card Fields gone
« on: September 13, 2011, 00:01:33 am »
Hello. Unsure of what specific are to post in as there are many topics with similar issues.

Firstly: Thank you to any one who can  help.

Joomla 1.5.23
VM 1.1.9
Template purchased www.joomla-monster.com

Issue is that after installing the JCH Optimizer the site had some major issues and the optimizer has since been removed (hopefully all) but one removed when a person visits the registration page there is no state drop down box (disable javascript and its there)

Next issue after hacking a fix (removed <noscript></noscript> on states, was the issue of country. When selecting a country it would load a new page with only states drop down. Selecting a state made no difference, page does nothing. Again horrid hack of removing the <noscript></noscript> but then the next issue came up. The drop down for credit cards (visa, mastercard, etc.,) disappeared too. So again I had to remove the <noscript></noscript> to get them to display.

As this is slowly working its way down the board and the javascript seems to keep breaking on its own at this point without any changes. What I would like to do, is remove the drop down and make it manual input. Customers never really care anyways. I have added a new field in the ACP for states but it did not print on the order, show in billing, or transfer anywhere. How can I get it to display as the drop downs did on our orders and such?

I have literally scoured google, msn, yahoo, bing, ask, and more to find a solution which is how I came to the <noscript> fix.

Again thank you if you can help me find the fix.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

dylanjh

• Lunarhotel.co.uk
Re: State Country & Card Fields gone
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 16:13:55 pm »
I had JS issues with a VM site a while back, and solved it by extracting the contents of the VM package, then extracting admin_files.tar to a location my hard drive, and then copied the classes folder over to /administrator/components/com_virtuemart (overwriting the existing files)
This may work in this instance. A few words of caution however:
1) take a complete backup before you do
2) it will restore everything in that folder to "what it should be" so if you know of any core hacks youve made in order to get certain functionality, you will have to apply these again after you have copied the classes folder.
Register in Joomla / Virtuemart without a Username (uses email address instead). http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk

Stonedfury

• Stonedfury
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 18:58:48 pm »
Thank you for the the advice. Sadly I have tried it and just tried again to make sure of the possibility. I have already done the add to header "includes/js/joomla.javascript.js" which had no affect.

At this point I would truly love to just have it a manual input. When I do a custom field however it does not show that information on the invoice, nor on the customers bill to/ship to page.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

dylanjh

• Lunarhotel.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 20:00:05 pm »
When I add a custom field to the user fields section, the new field appears above the customer information section (containing Email, username, password etc..) It also appears in the order confirmation page.. Im guessing you are making sure the field is published, required and showing in the shipping page?
Register in Joomla / Virtuemart without a Username (uses email address instead). http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk

Stonedfury

• Stonedfury
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 21:10:39 pm »
Yes I have done all of that. It shows on the registration page (loaded) just doesn't show on the invoice. It has to be loading though because USPS checks against it.

Side note: You can move the fields up and down. They don't have to stay where they default to in location. :)

I moved the state and country down to where they go and have arranged other parts of the form. Reality is, it needs to be revamped for more stream line registration. That's a template issue though and not functionality.

Back to my issue though. It does not show it on the invoice. The information is there but not printed on screen to see.

Stonedfury

• Stonedfury
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 22:54:59 pm »
OK this is strange as hell! It just started working. No changes, nothing. I was running a backup to be on the safe side (as one should with a retail store) and took a look at the site and it's fixed. Even the dropdown refreshes right, the credit card is there. I looked in the code and my <noscript> is back but working. WTF lol

There is no one that I know of who has access to the ftp/files. Why would a hacker break in and fix the site? I shall close this post.