News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notanothernumber

I was having a similar problem and found both the forum posts and virtuemart documentation incredibly confusing on how to do what seems like the simplest of functions. Hopefully you let external URLs to be posted here as once I found this on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6stZ-kMmxqc - it became a whole lot clearer.

en jie rudd

I have a development site that is being upgraded/migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5, Virturmart 1.1 to 2.0.

After created a custom field type (Size: 50g; 100g) from VM component main menu and returned to the parent product custom field tab, there were no options/properties as drop down or of any kind displaying (which have been created) by clicking the custom field type.

I have spent days reading trying to work it out without luck. Please help.

best regards

En Jie

maxispin

Quote from: prudd on October 24, 2013, 08:39:37 AM
I have a development site that is being upgraded/migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5, Virturmart 1.1 to 2.0.

Version 2 number ?
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

en jie rudd

Hi,

the version is 2.0.24 (just updated, the issue was the same when it was on 2.0.22)

thank you in advance.

enjie

AH

Is the a link to your site for me to look at?

I think you might benefit from the use of a frre plugin for attributes that PRO created ?
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

en jie rudd

Hi Hutson

Thank you for the reply.

The site is currently down (sever issue) and we are working at getting it up again. There is however an earlier version developed by a developer on her sever that is manifesting the similar problem: http://www.website-bg.net/valleygreentea (screen shot attached)

I am able to create custom fields from the main menu under VM component, but not being able to execute it from product editor: click the custom field type and nothing happens!

Thanks in advance

regards

En jie

[attachment cleanup by admin]

AH

Hmm

Everything seems to be ok from the front end.

The plugin is unlikely to make any difference
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

t68

Hi all!
Got a tricky one (maybe):
I have a parent product with 4 child products in a dropdown custom field (generic child variant). And that works ok. But thing is that each child has it´s own
customer text input custom field in order for customers to ad their own texting on the product. Child 1 has 1 field and child 2 has 2 fields and so on.

But in order to ad these custom text inputs on the child products it seems as if I in admin have to check the option to override parent product custom field.

This in its turn seems to have the effect that I no longer on the product page can choose between the child products in the first drop down menu - once I have chosen one of the child products in the first place. So if I customer first chose child 2 and than changes his mind and want to chose child 3 he has to go all the way back and open the parent product from the category page.

On the product child page the child product dropdown is still there but the only option visible is the child product that you have chosen.

Hope I could explain my problem so you get it. Wonder if I have done something wrong in setting this up or if there is a limitation s that if child products have certain custom fields added, the ability to switch between the child products no longer works?

Thank´s for any input and help to solve this!

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

Robert_ITMan

FYI - I just posted a new topic 'VM2 Custom Fields Integration - IT WORKS!' here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120445.0
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

MaritimeLobsterExpress

2.0.24c

Could someone please tell me if there is an option for radio buttons in the latest version. I cannot find it and have been searching and reading the forum for the last 2 hrs. Some people talk about radio buttons and some refer to the drop down list. It appears to me that the option for radio buttons may have been removed in the last version because I see posts regarding them in earlier versions. If they are possible in the current version please let me know how or if not then I will just get a plug. Im just confused because there is so much talk about radio buttons but I don't see this as an option in the current version. I'm very confused.
www.maritimelobsterexpress.com

raunhar

Is there any possibility that the attributes can be choices.
For eg.
In Blue colour, the size available is 36" and 38"
In Green colour, the size available is 22",24" & 28".

So, when a customer selects Blue colour, only the available choices are shown. Same with other colour

Under blue, 22, 24 and 28 are not displayed.

slinks

Hello

Can somebody tell me what the limit is for cart attributes please.  I have a list of flavours (60 in total) but it wont let me add them all in one list.  Can i change this setting somehow?

anniemacbee

Quote from: notanothernumber on July 08, 2013, 04:37:32 AM
I was having a similar problem and found both the forum posts and virtuemart documentation incredibly confusing on how to do what seems like the simplest of functions. Hopefully you let external URLs to be posted here as once I found this on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6stZ-kMmxqc - it became a whole lot clearer.

The video was very helpful. It still took me ages..  I sell products by weight, each weight has a different price. To stop the parent price being added to the child products I set the price of the parent to 0.0001 and took out the weight. Otherwise the parent disappears.

I agree that the documentation is sorely lacking, and what is available is confusing. There is no tutorial either. I moved from ZenCart because I thought it was cumbersome. There have been moments I really wish I hadn't...

rido21

Any solution to this problem?
I use vm 2.6.0 and I can't  select differnet custom fields on childlren products from these on parent product.

Quote from: t68 on October 29, 2013, 09:51:39 AM
Hi all!
Got a tricky one (maybe):
I have a parent product with 4 child products in a dropdown custom field (generic child variant). And that works ok. But thing is that each child has it´s own
customer text input custom field in order for customers to ad their own texting on the product. Child 1 has 1 field and child 2 has 2 fields and so on.

But in order to ad these custom text inputs on the child products it seems as if I in admin have to check the option to override parent product custom field.

This in its turn seems to have the effect that I no longer on the product page can choose between the child products in the first drop down menu - once I have chosen one of the child products in the first place. So if I customer first chose child 2 and than changes his mind and want to chose child 3 he has to go all the way back and open the parent product from the category page.

On the product child page the child product dropdown is still there but the only option visible is the child product that you have chosen.

Hope I could explain my problem so you get it. Wonder if I have done something wrong in setting this up or if there is a limitation s that if child products have certain custom fields added, the ability to switch between the child products no longer works?

Thank´s for any input and help to solve this!