News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderwebdesign

I am pretty close everyone. Since the stockable variants don't work correctly yet, I used Generic Child Variants. I need to allow the user to select size and color. I decided to make each color option for the style its own product. Then I used the Size as the Generic Child variant.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but this method seems to work.

I just need to replace the parent item that is listed as the first option in the drop down menu with "Choose a size".

Here is a sample page.
http://www.likdancewear.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=5893&virtuemart_category_id=146

mowgs

Quote from: spyderwebdesign on April 29, 2012, 00:18:29 AM
I am pretty close everyone. Since the stockable variants don't work correctly yet, I used Generic Child Variants. I need to allow the user to select size and color. I decided to make each color option for the style its own product. Then I used the Size as the Generic Child variant.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but this method seems to work.

I just need to replace the parent item that is listed as the first option in the drop down menu with "Choose a size".

Here is a sample page.
http://www.likdancewear.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=5893&virtuemart_category_id=146

Thats getting somewhere! - Thanks for that, I take it you have size 5 out of stock and the rest in stock? - is it updating the stock count when items are ordered?

spyderwebdesign

yes size 5 is out of stock and I will to test the stock count for you. I don't need vm to track the stock because I have a cron job that imports the new stock count from the manufacture ever single hour.

quadbsys

Quote from: virtue111 on November 04, 2011, 21:54:18 PM
Originally posted this here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=132.0 but if we get an answer we will put it here, vice versa:

We would like to make a custom field, with a preset of selections that will come with it. For simple sake let's say we want to make a "Color" variant, and have the options of "Red" "blue" and "green".

I have figured out how to get the Color attribute to show up on the product, and then I can type in "Red", "Blue", and "Green" into the Ajaxy fields. But we have a ton of products and don't want to have to go in and type them all manually.

Is there anyway to make "Color" a parent, and make "Red" "Blue" and "Green" be child items, so that they will always come up? And then we could use the Ajaxy thing to delete "Red" if we didn't want it for a certain product, or to add "Purple" if we needed it specifically for a product?

It seems like this should be easy to do, but we just can't get it to work.

I thought maybe adding the Parent item, and setting it to "Is a List" and then adding child items of "Strings" but this doesn't work either. Please help!
IS THERE AN ANSWER to this?? We want to do this same thing. We DONT have the time or ability to go into EVERY single product, select 'color' and use the stupid ajax thing to write "red" "blue" "green" for every single product we offer, There has to be another solution to group custom fields. It is bad enough that we have to go into every product and SET the custom field to it, but to have to set what all the options are is a pain and what if the options change?? We have to go in every product to add that we can now make a yellow tshirt? Ridiculous!

bambarbia

Quote from: quadbsys on May 01, 2012, 21:16:04 PMIS THERE AN ANSWER to this?? We want to do this same thing. We DONT have the time or ability to go into EVERY single product, select 'color' and use the stupid ajax thing to write "red" "blue" "green" for every single product we offer, There has to be another solution to group custom fields. It is bad enough that we have to go into every product and SET the custom field to it, but to have to set what all the options are is a pain and what if the options change?? We have to go in every product to add that we can now make a yellow tshirt? Ridiculous!
Read "How to group a set of Custom Field?" section here http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Hints_for_the_use_of_the_product_customfields.

PRO

Quote from: quadbsys on May 01, 2012, 21:16:04 PM
IS THERE AN ANSWER to this?? We want to do this same thing. We DONT have the time or ability to go into EVERY single product, select 'color' and use the stupid ajax thing to write "red" "blue" "green" for every single product we offer, There has to be another solution to group custom fields. It is bad enough that we have to go into every product and SET the custom field to it, but to have to set what all the options are is a pain and what if the options change?? We have to go in every product to add that we can now make a yellow tshirt? Ridiculous!

You can try my custom field plugin.

It will allow you to apply a set of colors with a click.

If the option has price though, they have to be filled in manually in the product

cristina

Hi there,
I'm developing a site using VM 2.0.6 and I have a simple question (I hope it's simple)

I have configured a VM Custom stockable variant and it works fine.
The only thing I would like to change is the way the field is diplayed in the cart.

If I look at the product details I correctly see the variant "Option Name" and the select list of available options, while in the cart it shows the "Title" of the variant instead of the "Option name".

Can someone tell me what I need to modify to obtain the result I want?

I already spent half a day looking into the various files, but I did non figure out which one is responsible of formatting the custom field in the cart view.

Thanks a lot

Cristina
VM 4.0.22 10864 - Joomla! 4.3.2 - php 8.0.27

spyderwebdesign

Quote from: cristina on May 04, 2012, 17:52:05 PM
I have configured a VM Custom stockable variant and it works fine.
The only thing I would like to change is the way the field is diplayed in the cart.
Cristina

Cristina, can you please put a link to your site? I am curious to see if your page reloads to the child when you select a variant from the select box.

Actlas

We have defined a custom field as a "VM Custom - customer text input".

You can see how this text input looks at the front-end here: http://dev.actual-laser.be/index.php/e-shop/deurbellen-diepgegraveerd/california-cnc-detail

The custom fields which are a dropdown work. What the customer inputs in the text input fields is not stored in the virtuemart product order though!

How can this be fixed?

If I check the DB the text does seem to be stored under virtuemart_order_items - product_attribute like this:

{"61":{"textinput":{"comment":"mytext sdfg"}},"60":{"textinput":{"comment":"my text qsdgsq"}},"68":" <span class=\"costumTitle\">Font:<\/span><span class=\"costumValue\" >Comic Sans<\/span>","64":" <span class=\"costumTitle\">Colored text?<\/span><span class=\"costumValue\" >Yes<\/span>"}

jjk

Quote from: Actlas on May 17, 2012, 13:20:16 PM
What the customer inputs in the text input fields is not stored in the virtuemart product order though!
How can this be fixed?

Which version are you using? There have been one or two fixes related to custom text input fields.
Latest developer (test) version is 2.0.7.c
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Actlas

I updated to 2.0.7.c and that doesn't fix it. The custom field title isn't displayed at all now...

John2400

I am confirming that my text - did not hold in the field either.

It showed in the cart but did not come in the emails to either buyer nor vendor

It did not show up in the invoice nor the print options.

versions 2.0.7 c

Milbo

Okey, I need to take a look.

I am sorry, but I had to change a bit the customfields plugin system.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Actlas

Quote from: Milbo on May 18, 2012, 11:38:17 AM
Okey, I need to take a look.

I am sorry, but I had to change a bit the customfields plugin system.

Is this fixed now?

Milbo

I rechanged, latest svn should work now. but I am not sure. The one who wrote this plugin is atm at jab12
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member