News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBoele

Quote from: John2400 on February 22, 2012, 21:54:19 PM
I added cutomised varients to my product .
Eg colour : I added 4 colours - no cost involved in each
                  I added left or right hand no cost
                  I added 4 "strength" or tensions in bow (Archery.

I still have one cost 3 varients with several options each.
They are drop 3 down boxes and you can choose what you want as a customer

The price stays the same they just choose their options - You do not have to add costs -

I did not do anything special when adding a new varient.

Yes this works, but how do you now handle stock control ?

PRO

Quote from: TBoele on March 01, 2012, 22:11:27 PM
Quote from: John2400 on February 22, 2012, 21:54:19 PM
I added cutomised varients to my product .
Eg colour : I added 4 colours - no cost involved in each
                  I added left or right hand no cost
                  I added 4 "strength" or tensions in bow (Archery.

I still have one cost 3 varients with several options each.
They are drop 3 down boxes and you can choose what you want as a customer

The price stays the same they just choose their options - You do not have to add costs -

I did not do anything special when adding a new varient.

Yes this works, but how do you now handle stock control ?

u have to use the stockable variants for stock control

TBoele

Yes i know but suppose that i wanna sell Shirts.
Than i have 1 parent Shirt product en 2 child products for Medium and Small.
Medium i have 3 shirt and Small i have 2 shirt and this i fill in at the child products. The parent product you can't order so i leave this at 0 in stock.
The dropdown now shows up on the product details page but also the "Notify me" button. So the product detail page doesn't see that i have the child products in stock.

Do i also have to set the stock level in the parent product (5), or is this a bug ?

OpenGlobal

This is definitely a bug.

I've created a main product with three child products. Only one of the child products has any stock.

If the config is set to "Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action", then everything is fine.
If the config is set to "Do not Display Product", then the main product is not shown at all and access the page manually gives a 404 error.
If the config is set to "Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button" then I get an Add to Cart button still but the out of stock products are missing from the drop down.

Can someone tell me what test framework is being used for Virtuemart because whatever it is needs changing. This is basic FVT stuff which shouldn't be getting to beta level products let alone fully released versions.

jcyphert

Has there been any progress on this yet? I need this ability. :'(

John2400

Hi guys,
You might read these??
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98648.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96694.msg318290#msg318290

( actually I do not know What is meant when Milbo says ""use layout position "ontop", add it to your parent, done"  ?

I think we are now up to trying to explain the steps you took to set up the stock variants - nearly 10, 000 have viewed this post.( maybe we can help each other or try and copy one suggestion and post an Idea)
I would like this to work well for all of us.

TBoele ,  could you ( write)  the steps you are taking and see If others have a suggestion to  add. ( maybe we could follow what you did and see if we can suggest something)

ie _ you have a parent product shirts with a special logo on it you wish to sell and you might have "XL, L, M , S  - you have a set number of shirts you wish to sell ( that's all the stock you have) - so you make a child product that keeps track of your stock.

what exactly did you do in VM to create this main product and two children?

Step one 1) you created a product >>parent>> shirts>> no stock> save >> you now added a stock variant ( how?) ( what option did you choose) >> this is you first child product.

if we get this right we might be able to help - openglobal- and see what happens when stoc get to 0 levels.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: John2400 on March 03, 2012, 03:41:51 AM
You might read these??
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98648.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96694.msg318290#msg318290

These are nothing to do with stockable variants and the problems described by TBoele.

From looking at the code, stockable variants just don't work. (In fact to be honest, the whole custom fields area is quite rusty, but let's not get into that right now.)

At the moment, the stock control is dependent on the parent product even though child products are being used to manage the stock levels.

Quote from: openglobal on March 02, 2012, 10:29:02 AM
I've created a main product with three child products. Only one of the child products has any stock.

If the config is set to "Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action", then everything is fine.
If the config is set to "Do not Display Product", then the main product is not shown at all and access the page manually gives a 404 error.
If the config is set to "Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button" then I get an Add to Cart button still but the out of stock products are missing from the drop down.

Because of this, the stock control just won't work.

OpenGlobal

JSullivan903

vmError: TableCustoms: :store failed
Unknown column 'layout_pos' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `xlefz_virtuemart_customs` (`virtuemart_custom_id`,`custom_parent_id`,`virtuemart_vendor_id`,`admin_only`,`custom_jplugin_id`,`custom_element`,`custom_title`,`custom_tip`,`custom_value`,`custom_field_desc`,`custom_params`,`field_type`,`is_list`,`is_hidden`,`is_cart_attribute`,`layout_pos`,`published`,`ordering`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','0','1','0','0','0','Nicotine Strength','','Please Choose','Nicotine Strength','0','V','0','0','1','no','1','0','2012-03-07 15:06:41','42','2012-03-07 15:06:41','42')

This is what I get everytime I try to make a custom field. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As a side note, the attributes system from VM1 was an invaluable tool and much easier to use IMO.

OpenGlobal

It looks like your database is corrupt to me. The layout_pos field is present in my DBs. It might have been an upgrade issue...

You could either add the field in manually:

layout_pos    char(24)    utf8_general_ci    NULLABLE

Or start again from a fresh install.

Quote from: JSullivan903 on March 07, 2012, 16:09:51 PM
As a side note, the attributes system from VM1 was an invaluable tool and much easier to use IMO.

You're not the only person thinking that :-)

OpenGlobal

PRO

Quote from: openglobal on March 07, 2012, 16:18:20 PM
It looks like your database is corrupt to me. The layout_pos field is present in my DBs. It might have been an upgrade issue...

You could either add the field in manually:

layout_pos    char(24)    utf8_general_ci    NULLABLE

Or start again from a fresh install.

Quote from: JSullivan903 on March 07, 2012, 16:09:51 PM
As a side note, the attributes system from VM1 was an invaluable tool and much easier to use IMO.

You're not the only person thinking that :-)

OpenGlobal

there is a button in "tools and migration" install or update tables.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: openglobal on March 07, 2012, 16:18:20 PM

It might have been an upgrade issue...

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 07, 2012, 18:25:48 PM

there is a button in "tools and migration" install or update tables.

Is there an echo in here? :-)

OpenGlobal

JSullivan903

You guys are awesome! Got it all fixed up and understand it, mostly, still like the old way better.

jltalavera

Hi there

Starting with Virtuemart 2.0.2, some problem with pricing calculations.......

1.- Product with 2 prices, no price in the price section. Price introduced in custom field-cart variant. 1 price is 1600, the other is 1675, why is showing in the drop-down 1920, the other 2010??

2.- Is there anyway that the lowest price shown in custom filed - cart variant is shown as main price?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Jose

lipes

jltalavera: you got a tax of 20%
BASE PRICE (1600) + (20%) TAX  = (1920) FINAL PRICE
BASE PRICE (1675) + (20%) TAX = (2010) FINAL PRICE

is for these type of things that I think we should always have the Final Price for default in the VM :P
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

jltalavera

Hi Lipes

Thanks for your reply
This would be ok, but the tax in my country (and in my Virtuemart shop) is 18%....................

Any ideas?

Besides, as I asked, is there any way that the chepest price in the custom field is shown in the product price listings?

Thanks!