News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: rossstudio on January 13, 2012, 15:54:01 PM
Can there be a text entry custom field? Seems like other carts have this but not VM2. I could use it.

yes, its in the plugins

werden2000

Quote from: JJBW on January 13, 2012, 12:26:01 PM
This is a major problem which may cause users to move away which would be a huge shame especially after all the hard work that has gone into VM2.

Apart from this issue which seems to be the main issue everyone wants sorted VM2 is excellent, let's not let this issue dampen things.

In the actual webpage im working is not representing a real big issue because is not absolut neccesary, but I want to implement the viertuemart in some others websites wich will be absolute neccesary this SIMPLE Color dropdown list.

Im looking some other options, Im new with virtuemart, did some know if the Virtuemart 1 does not have this issue?

Smitten

This seems a little crazy.

I have about 80 bras to add to my site, in up to 4 colours and 21 sizes each.

Can you see the issue here VM?

Why is it not possible to create a saved list of attributes?

For example these are my fields:

Colour : White, Red, Black, Purple
Size: 32A, 32B, 32C, 32D, 32DD, 32E, 34A, 34B, 34C, 34D, 34DD, 34E, 36A, 36B, 36C, 36D, 36DD, 36E, 38C, 38D, 38DD

I have to manually add each size and colour for each of the 80 bras??????????????????

Don't get me started on combined brief/bra purchases each with different size combinations!

Is there likely to be an easier route for adding product attributes?

Smitten

Quote from: werden2000 on January 13, 2012, 18:08:55 PM
Quote from: JJBW on January 13, 2012, 12:26:01 PM
This is a major problem which may cause users to move away which would be a huge shame especially after all the hard work that has gone into VM2.

Apart from this issue which seems to be the main issue everyone wants sorted VM2 is excellent, let's not let this issue dampen things.

In the actual webpage im working is not representing a real big issue because is not absolut neccesary, but I want to implement the viertuemart in some others websites wich will be absolute neccesary this SIMPLE Color dropdown list.

Im looking some other options, Im new with virtuemart, did some know if the Virtuemart 1 does not have this issue?

No, VM1 was easy...

One string was added.

Colour,Red,Black,White;Size,Small,Medium,Large

The above would have created two drop-downs for you. Easy. I had a text file ready to go with my attribute combinations and CTRL-V to paste made it simple.

The current method is nonsensical.

cufe

I beg admins, show us an example to illustrate how to do.
When we drop down list with colors.
Example... color: (and choose from drop down) "blue" or "red" or "white" etc.
or 2. example with size: (and choose from drop down) "30" or "30,5" or "31" etc.
VERY, VERY PLEASE SHOW DEMO PAGE WITH THIS FUNCTION
AND PLEASE ADD PROCEDURE.  :-\

Thank you (1000 TIMES) very much!

PRO

Quote from: cufe on January 15, 2012, 12:41:30 PM
or 2. example with size: (and choose from drop down) "30" or "30,5" or "31" etc.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.msg298101#msg298101

cufe

Thank you very much! Attached picture I hadn't seen before. I know how to do. Once again, thank you very much.  ;)

woonydanny

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on January 15, 2012, 15:44:16 PM
Quote from: cufe on January 15, 2012, 12:41:30 PM

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.msg298101#msg298101

i don't get the ajax edit area, so this means this whole variant process doesn't work for me

cufe

Quote from: Smitten on January 15, 2012, 07:23:23 AM
This seems a little crazy.

I have about 80 bras to add to my site, in up to 4 colours and 21 sizes each.

Can you see the issue here VM?

Why is it not possible to create a saved list of attributes?

For example these are my fields:

Colour : White, Red, Black, Purple
Size: 32A, 32B, 32C, 32D, 32DD, 32E, 34A, 34B, 34C, 34D, 34DD, 34E, 36A, 36B, 36C, 36D, 36DD, 36E, 38C, 38D, 38DD

I have to manually add each size and colour for each of the 80 bras??????????????????

Don't get me started on combined brief/bra purchases each with different size combinations!

Is there likely to be an easier route for adding product attributes?

Question for admins: Is there an easy solution?
Believe me, we want to use the VM2, but how? -> We can do drop down list with colors. Now we need to save the predefined drop down list and use it. But how?
Many products with manual settings? It is impossible and deadly for VM2.  :(
10000 TIMES PLEASE, SHOW DEMO PAGE WITH THIS FUNCTION
AND PLEASE ADD PROCEDURE.

bepos

why isn't there any decent reply from the VM people?????? please let us know if you think this is a problem too. or that you 're working on a solution.

zzsser

This was a big problem for me too (I discuss this problem a few weeks ago on this forum).

This was my solution:

I create a product normaly in the back-end, without custom fields.
I execute a mySQL code in PhpMyAdmin to add all custom fields area for this product.
I copy this code in a txt file to use it for all future products...

It's not a user-friendly solution but it's a solution...

bepos

@zzsser : great solution. though i don't think i can explain this to my client. think he will reply with just one question : "have you gone totally mad????" and i guess he would be right ;-)))

it's really a bad thing that all the VM can do is reply to the solution to create dropdown-field per product and not just as a default field option. and if it would be possible to just clone a product WITH these dropdown-fields i would be a very happy VM-user again.

i'm really very confused and dissappointed. i can't sell this product anymore.

it's not that i don't want to pay for a solution, but no one is coming with any kind of decent solution for this.

hope somebody soon will or is the whole in crisis????

jenkinhill

bepos, VM2 was only released 28 days ago, a period which included 2 major holiday periods. Until the software gets tested by thousands of users (over 103,000 downloads since release)  issues that only they need for their stores become known. A sub-release will be made soon, as more bugs are reported and fixed, but only one developer is working on the core. In addition function extending plugins will start to become available.

The fact that there are already a good number of live stores out there using VM2 is a good sign.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bepos

@kevin : i totally agree with you and i don't want to push anyone. and i know VM2 is a huge step forward, but.... till now we only got the reply to create the dropdown-field. or did i miss something here?

not having this crucial(?) field in VM2 makes it very hard for me to sell this further great product. i can't tell my customer to do a SQL-query or to remake the dropdown field everytime he wants to add a new product.
maybe returning to VM1 would be a solution. but as far as i know this doesn't run on J! 1.7 Please correct me if i'm wrong.

so i'm really looking forward for the solution. if there's anything i can do please tell me.

kind regards,
Mark

spacecoasttactical

Hi

I am pulling my hair out trying to get my head around attributes or custom fields in 2.0 :)

I am on a deadline to produce something by friday. What I need to do is have a product that has a date in a dropdown list. Basically, they buy it and choose a date to come get it. I am new to Virtuemart and it is making me crazy :)

John