For a simple dropdown for color/size etc.
Click "Custom Fields" in vmart admin.
1)Add 1 just like the picture attached.
2)Go into the product/custom field tab
3)Click the dropdown and choose the custom field you just setup.
4) The field appears below with ajax.
5) You can now edit that field.
6) To add more sizes/colors. Repeat step 3.
Is there a video anywhere showing how to do this? All I want to do is add custom fields to ALL ITEMS in category SHOES. These directions are missing steps. I also tried to follow directions on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Product_custom_fields_without_stock_control
How to do it?
1. Go in Products > Custom Fields, and click on the "New" button
2. Select the Custom Field Type: String, Integer, Boolean, Date, Time, Image
3. and fill the Title, Description, Default, Tooltip.
4. Set the parameter Cart Attribute to "No"
5. Save your custom field
6. Go in the Products > Products, and click on the product you whish to add this custom field
7. Go on the Custom Field tab, and in the Custom Field Type area, select the custom Field you just created. The custom field is automatically added; Fill in the value.
8. Save your product
After I click the link for "Products" there is no link cor Custom Fields. The only Custom Fields link I can find is for an individual product. I have 10,000 pairs of shoes and do not want to have to add a custom size / color field to all 10,000 items manually.