Started by pepe2907, September 08, 2011, 15:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepe2907

Trying to update VM 1.9.8c to 1.9.8f on J1.7

It says: "        JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

i: Invalid package type. The update can not proceed.     "

Tee shot

Hi,

If you are using virtuemart1.9.8.RC2F_extract_first.zip, you must first extract the files.

@+

pepe2907

I am using the Live Update feature from inside the VM.
Obviously I've already installed it at least once, so I supposedly am well aware about the "extract_first" thing.
The file it tries to use is this one : http://virtuemart.net/releases/virtuemart/com_virtuemart.1.9.8F.zip

PRO

could be a problem with local live update.

pepe2907

You mean the Joomla update?
The Joomla update is working, or at least - worked, because I updated it from 1.6.x /before installing VM/.
I downloaded the zipped update on my computer, and I see there is a XML, which seems ok to me as much as I can read it, with the exception of the joomla version it's stated it's for, which is 1.5.
May it be the reason J1.7 refuses it?

PRO

NO i mean when you update from xampp etc.

I do remember trying to update akeebah via xampp local server, and it wouldnt update with live update

pepe2907

PRO

pepe2907

I mean remote. Why? What's so strange?

Milbo

Quote from: pepe2907 on September 08, 2011, 17:26:02 PM
I downloaded the zipped update on my computer, and I see there is a XML, which seems ok to me as much as I can read it, with the exception of the joomla version it's stated it's for, which is 1.5.
May it be the reason J1.7 refuses it?

No j1.7 takes also the j1.5 files. The installer is written for both. Hmmm maybe the problem is a completly different one. Maybe it is connected to the wwwrun/phpuser problem.

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on September 08, 2011, 17:31:00 PM
I do remember trying to update akeebah via xampp local server, and it wouldnt update with live update

This works for me. I assume that you can download the file manually and install it over the prior version and it works. But then we cant find the error anymore lol. Hmmm
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

pepe2907

The update was successful through the Extension Manager.
Looks like it was a problem of the Live update feature, maybe in this version only.