News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cannot remove product images virtuemart.1.9.8F

Started by finbarr69, August 31, 2011, 00:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finbarr69

Hi,

com_virtuemart.1.9.8F from today.

I uploaded 2 images to a product.  I found the thumbnail of one was not created because the resized directory didn't exist.  I created the missing resized directory, and then tried to create the thumbnail but somehow ended up with a new image.  Wanting to remove the image that still had no thumbnail, I removed the tick from the "published" box and clicked on Save.  Tick remains off, but the product in the shop still shows the "Image Missing" icon, so it appears that images are displayed even if not published.  I checked in media manager and the image was indeed not published.  I then deleted the image from media manager.  It still tries to show it in the product.

There is no delete button in the product image edit section, and unpublishing doesn't have an effect.  How can we delete a product image? [ I guess I can do it from the database though].

Thanks!

Brian

finbarr69

Interesting.  In the "Displayed title" and "Displayed description" boxes, I typed "delete me" and then clicked Save.  I was going to then find that text in the database, but found that the image had indeed been deleted.  Don't know why it deleted, but I guess it needed something in those boxes for the "File Published" tick being removed to take effect.  Could not repeat it but ended up with the product images all confused with extra random numbers in the Displayed Title.  Went to resync media and it sorted them out again.

Still can't figure out how to remove an image from a product though, or how to set one as the "main" or default product image.

I think this bit needs a lot more work on it to make it more intuitive about how it works. :-)

Brian

Milbo

Quote from: finbarr69 on August 31, 2011, 00:24:42 AM
I uploaded 2 images to a product.  I found the thumbnail of one was not created because the resized directory didn't exist.
I dont think so, atm the images get only thumbnails, callled in the frontend or in the media list. We will change that.

I uploaded 2 images to a product.  I found the thumbnail of one was not created because the resized directory didn't exist.

Wanting to remove the image that still had no thumbnail, I removed the tick from the "published" box and clicked on Save. Tick remains off, but the product in the shop still shows the "Image Missing" icon, so it appears that images are displayed even if not published.
Afaik it would even show the "image missing" icon, when there would be one, when you unpublish it. You are right, we should just not show them.

There is no delete button in the product image edit section, and unpublishing doesn't have an effect.

I think we just did not write that method yet. We need to write a test first for it and I think we need a popup asking you to proceed even when the image is used somewhere.

Quote from: finbarr69 on August 31, 2011, 00:52:18 AM
Interesting.  In the "Displayed title" and "Displayed description" boxes, I typed "delete me" and then clicked Save. 
that is in fact interesting, I can believe it, lol. crazy

Went to resync media and it sorted them out again.
At least that works for you.

Still can't figure out how to remove an image from a product though, or how to set one as the "main" or default product image.

Quite easy, just press the symbol in the top left corner of the frame in which the image appears. Just remove all images and press save, then you should have a product without any images. The Ordering is done like you see it in the editor (from left to right).

Max
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

hmpf, just found out that we accidently deleted the icon for deletion. It is not using the sprite yet.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

finbarr69

Ah! Thanks.  Where can I find the image (what is the filename) so I can upload it to my site ?

:)

Brian

Milbo

just wait for the new subrelease, I think that is easier.

pillarprojects

Good morning ...

I am wondering how to delete an image from a product ... I have 3 associated with the product and I do not know how to remove two of them.

Steve