Live Update: THEN (Access restricted to Vendor and Administrator only)

Started by PRO, August 29, 2011, 14:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Just did the live update then got that error message when trying to go to shop.

I am "super user"

J1.7

PRO

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Minh BlackRed

VM Responsive
shop.littledevil-tuning.com

PRO

This happened with a migrated site.

There were 2 users with my same admin login. (dunno how)

I had to edit one, and set it to super and admin.

Solved

Studio 42

Hi,
Sorry this give you a problem.
I added this for security reason the time whe add multivendor and you can only going in vrituemart 2 BE as Vendor or admin to prevent shop to be hacked by simple joomla BE editor's.

earthrat

I think it is a shame that once again an extension is playing Mom and making life tougher on those of use who need MORE functionality NOT less! Please make this a parameter that we can decide if we need the added security rather than forcing us to now create a separate user just to work in VM...;(

Regardless of what you do if the extensions are built with clean code then it is the site owners responsibility to ensure their site is secure and that they are not using a trash host so they can save a dollar.

The bottom line is your efforts are not working because I can randomly get in with a super admin and it looks like as long as only one super admin is logged in there is no problem. It only throws a super admin out if there are two logged in.

Milbo

interesting. hihi I like your attitude man. You say my arguments, so either we will remove it or enhance it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

earthrat

No I say it because it worked before perfectly well the way it was and now it is a friggen pain in my backside! I mean there was enough things that were broke in VM that needed to be fixed and to take the power away from the super admin for security reason does not even make sense? My God man, if someone hacks a site and can get control of any user then how is it going to make it all better because you think you made it safer? FYI, The super admin that installed VM still has access to the control panel, it is just other super admins that don't, so tell me you fixed this and that makes it all better?

Milbo

pindemon

Same problem here: "Access restricted to Vendor and Administrator only".

How am I supposed to fix this? What should be done???

pepe2907

"How am I supposed to fix this? What should be done???"
Give "admin" rights FOR THE SHOP /they have nothing to do with the general Joomla user groups/ for the users you want to be able to edit your shop. It's in Orders & Shoppers >> Shoppers

pindemon

Quote from: pepe2907 on September 17, 2011, 19:31:06 PM
"How am I supposed to fix this? What should be done???"
Give "admin" rights FOR THE SHOP /they have nothing to do with the general Joomla user groups/ for the users you want to be able to edit your shop. It's in Orders & Shoppers >> Shoppers

But where is "Orders & Shoppers"? If it is in Joomla > Components > Virtuemart I'm not allowed to enter (as superuser)

How I'm supposed to give "admin" rights if I cannot enter in virtuemart settings?

Am I missing something?

PRO

LOOK in your joomla user manager, and see if YOU have 2 users there, and set the other one to superadmin