News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PayPal API Goes to UK instead of US

Started by djwil, October 24, 2011, 15:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djwil

I am in the US and have read dozen of responses and no seems to completely address this issue. When Paypal API is selected and configured, upon checkout it still goes to the UK PayPal instead of US. The PayPal logo is UK and the read more link on the logo is PayPal. I have read where I need to change the language files but cannot find the download or instructions that explain it, if that is what I need. Everything works fine except that part of PayPal. Any help here will help me and others I am sure.
Wil

Update: I found a folder with the right paypal address in it.
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/paypal_api/languages
with a file called  lang.english.admin.php
It has the us paypal address listed. It just does not see it. Is there a code change or somewhere where I need to ensure that virtuemart's paypal_api is seeing it?

djwil

The address shown with the pp_api congiuration is:
public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal_api.cfg.php

Also there is a file in the same root folder called:
ps_paypal_api.php

And within that file is this code, pointing to the right file, but for some reason it still picks up the UK version.

function show_configuration() {
        global $VM_LANG, $vendor_image_url;
        $db = new ps_DB();

// Read current Configuration
        include_once(CLASSPATH ."payment/".__CLASS__.".cfg.php");
      $lang = jfactory::getLanguage();
      $name= $lang->getBackwardLang();
      if( file_exists(CLASSPATH ."payment/paypal_api/languages/lang.".$name.".admin.php")) {
         include_once(CLASSPATH ."payment/paypal_api/languages/lang.".$name.".admin.php");
      } else {
         include_once(CLASSPATH ."payment/paypal_api/languages/lang.english.admin.php");
      }

djwil

I was starting to think it was my install. I have another site that has 1.1.4 and updated it to 1.1.9 and then used the same specs for the PayPal (new API) and created the shopping cart in the updated installation. It does the same thing. I am surprised that no moderators or anyone within this forum has not picked up on this issue besides myself. Am I alone here on this? My alternative is Paypal pro. I really like the paypal logo which you don't get with pro. Hope to see a little progress soon.

djwil

OK, for the sake of anyone needing this answered, besides myself, I'll post my the fix. I had read other places about the language being wrong in Joomla. I just couldn't find the upgrade for 1.5. Well I found it and here it is.
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jtranslation/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=4278
I have to say that posts answered by anyone with virtuemart knowledge on this forum are few compared to the posts.  Good luck.