Author Topic: [SOLVED] 500 internal server error when saving Paypal Legacy Payment Method  (Read 10629 times)

JoomJohnny5

• Beginner
Hi all, thanks in advance if anyone has an idea with this:

I cannot save a new email or any settings in the PayPal payment method PayPal (Legacy).  This started seemingly randomly, as I haven't made any version updates. 

This is obviously a huge problem as I cannot currently link to our Paypal account.

As a workaround does anyone know how to add another Payment method which would suffice for Paypal standard redirect?

Many thanks.  Here's the error:

"500 - An error has occurred.

Internal Server Error "

VM 1.1.6 + J 1.5.23
There's only one remedy for mulletosis.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
I can't comment on the Paypal issue, but the first thing to do when you see a 500 error is to check your server error logs, where the actual problem file/event will be logged.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.6.8 10204 on Joomla 3.9.13 PHP 7.0.33

JoomJohnny5

• Beginner
Hi jenkinhill - Thanks for checking this out. 

I was able to seemingly workaround this back-end error by a combination of 1) manually editing the database values for the table "jos_vm_payment_method" and by 2) manually editing the file /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal.cfg.php

But it's strange the administrator keeps giving me this error when applying/saving changes.  Here is what the error log listed.  If you have any thoughts let me know, and if I find out anything else I will report back.  Thanks:

[Mon Aug 15 13:37:21 2011] [error] [client 74.202.255.243] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
[Mon Aug 15 13:37:21 2011] [error] [client 74.202.255.243] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
That is an issue with your site .htaccess - either don't use .htaccess or try adding this to the bottom of the file:

Code: [Select]

RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} 200
RewriteRule .* - [L]

Note this will not work on all servers.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.6.8 10204 on Joomla 3.9.13 PHP 7.0.33

Cracksnap

• Beginner
    • Chaise Longue
Unfortunately that htaccess edit doesn't work for me  :(

I need to change the "Order Status for successful transactions" from pending to confirmed.  I cannot find the DB entry PAYPAL_VERIFIED_STATUS within jos_vm_payment_method though.  Does anyone know where this is stored? I need to change it from a P to a C.

Thanks,

Planx

Cracksnap

• Beginner
    • Chaise Longue
I've also just tried completely disabling SEf and removing the .htaccess file and the error still occurs

JoomJohnny5

• Beginner
Another thread suggested that some hosts don't like the security plugins, and this is what solved the back-end error for me:

Simply disable the plugin "System - EasyCalcCheck PLUS" (or a similar security plugin you may have) and then the changes submit fine.. then re-enable the plugin

The manual workaround worked for me too:

1) editing the database values for the table "jos_vm_payment_method" and
2) editing the file /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal.cfg.php

Cheers!

hiccupsolutions

• Beginner
I need the following things need to be correct

when confirming the purchase of products via paypal (legacy) arrive in a few minutes about 40 emails "pending" or "confirmed" in joomla 1.5 and Virtuemart 1.1.9 !! Any suggestion would really be appreciable.

gkolomvos

• Beginner
Re: 500 internal server error when trying to save Paypal Legacy Payment Method
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 12:52:29 pm »
Simply disable the plugin "System - EasyCalcCheck PLUS" (or a similar security plugin you may have) and then the changes submit fine.. then re-enable the plugin

You don't need to completelly disable the plugin.
You can just disable one of the plugin "System - EasyCalcCheck PLUS" settings in the joomla back-end: "SQL Injection and Local File Inclusion".
You might leave it disabled if you think that it is not really necessary.
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece