News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

some errors

Started by halbo5, August 05, 2011, 18:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halbo5

Hi all,

I updated my 1.5 joomla website and upgraded also virtuemart. Now I'm trying Joomla 1.7 and Virtuemart 2 RCc.
Migration is ok except the orders.

I have the following problems :

About display :
- when displaying the products, the "sales prices" is not translated (tried with French). Looked in the language file but the string is translated. So problem is elsewhere.
- the price follows the words "Sales price" without space. I had to add a space in helpers/currencydisplay.php, line 259, before the span.
- same problem with manufacturers and on other pages
- I don't want to display manufacturers and notation. I found an option to disable notation, but it is still displayed. I didn't find an option for manufacturers, although there seems to be an option in the code.

About functionnalities I had in V1.1.9 and I don't find anymore :
- in my shop, I sell downloadable files and services. I don't find in V2 how to sell downloadable files.
- I do not need quantity selector for my products. But how to disable it ?

About images :
I can add an image to a product, but I can't to a category. It seems ok in backend, but the image is not displayed on frontend.

Deleting v1.1.9 files :
I read somewhere on this forum that it was better to delete the old files. But how to do that ? I don't know which file can be deleted.

Template :
When I choose the layout for a category or a product page, I only have "default". Which file should I modify to have a second layout that fits my needs (no quantity, spaces between words, no manufacturers, ...).

Thank you for this wonderful product,

Best,

Alain

jjk

Quote from: halbo5 on August 05, 2011, 18:50:19 PM
- the price follows the words "Sales price" without space. I had to add a space in helpers/currencydisplay.php, line 259, before the span.

...just a recommendation concerning the spaces. If you need colons and/or spaces between two words, add them in the frontend fr-FR.com_virtuemart.ini instead of in the code. As far as I know the developers did that on purpose because some languages, i.e. Chinese, don't use spaces to seperate words.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

halbo5

Ok, thank you, I will follow your advise.

Best,

Alain

halbo5

Hi again,

I found how to change the template.
For example, to modify the productdetails page, go to :
components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl
Copy default.php to default_myshop.php and modify default_myshop.php.
Default_myshop.php will be available in the backend. You have to select it for each product.

Best,

Alain

Milbo

First please download this version http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/312/virtuemart1.9.8.RC2d_extract_first.zip

I will correct the other links tomorrow.

About display :
- when displaying the products, the "sales prices" is not translated (tried with French). Looked in the language file but the string is translated. So problem is elsewhere.
This is a strange problem with j1.7

as jjk already described, this is an error in the language file then and not of the code. Hardcoded spaces and colons make a lot people crazy who work with the systems as they are intended to be used.

- I don't want to display manufacturers and notation. I found an option to disable notation, but it is still displayed. I didn't find an option for manufacturers, although there seems to be an option in the code.
We can add that via config, or maybe you? :-)

About functionnalities I had in V1.1.9 and I don't find anymore :
- in my shop, I sell downloadable files and services. I don't find in V2 how to sell downloadable files.
not implemented yet, it will be provided as shipment plugin.

About images :
I can add an image to a product, but I can't to a category. It seems ok in backend, but the image is not displayed on frontend.
please try the new version, should be fixed.

Deleting v1.1.9 files :
I read somewhere on this forum that it was better to delete the old files. But how to do that ? I don't know which file can be deleted.
the installer should delete for you the file which must be deleted. When your backend works without throwing notices all the time, it worked. You can delete all old vm1 files. You can also delete all files and just use the installer again. Should just restore then your files and not more. But backup first.

Template :
When I choose the layout for a category or a product page, I only have "default". Which file should I modify to have a second layout that fits my needs (no quantity, spaces between words, no manufacturers, ...).

You can add the layouts in the tmpl files of the views, but better is to add it to the standard template, read this http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Hints_for_the_use_of_the_template_system
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

halbo5

Thank you for this download.
But for me it's worse ;-(
I have division by zero errors.
See here :
http://www.bolli.fr/boutique

Ok for triying to add an option not to show manufacturers ;-)

Best,

Alain

halbo5

Hi again,

Other problem with the "D" RC :
I can't install the allinone modules. I have those errors :
        JInstaller::Install : le fichier n'existe pas /path/to/wwwroot/tmp/install_4e3d041961c2f/install.vmallinone.php
        Installation d'un composant : impossible de copier le fichier PHP d'installation.

First lines says that install.vmallinone.php does not exist (il fact it is in the admin folder and not at root of the zip)
Second line says it is not possible to copy the install file.

I tried with install.vmallinone.php at root of the zip, but it is not better (copy error).

Best,

Alain

Milbo

When you have division  by zeros, that means your config is not correctly set. Again a misterious j1.7 bug, we do not underestand.

Just go to updatesMigration and use the renew config by file button.

The other error is my fault, I fear. But works in j1.5, that is just j1.7

I wouldnt use j1.7 !
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

chrhill

Don't know if this is related, but I am frustrated with a new install of 1.9.8d: (1.9.8c gives the same error)

Warning: require(/home/conduc7/public_html/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/tmpl/default.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/mod_virtuemart_product.php on line 46

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/conduc7/public_html/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/tmpl/default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /public_html/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/mod_virtuemart_product.php on line 46

My configuration settings are set as default, and indeed there is no file in this directory. Can anyone assist? Thanks!

halbo5

Hi all,

It's much better today :-)
I didn't change anything and my division by zero errors disappeared. Seems to be a cache problem. I've emptied joomla and firefox cache ...

For notation, I added an "if" in productdetails/default.php so it is only displayed if I want it ;-).
Line 115 to 119 :
<?php
if (VmConfig::get('pshop_allow_reviews') == 1) {
$rating = empty($this->rating)? JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_UNRATED'):$this->rating->rating;
echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_RATING') . $rating;
}

If you want I write this code somewhere else then in this forum, tell me.

Version 1.9.8d corrected all my problems with categories images.

My shop works fine in "catalogue" mode.

But I have a new problem in normal mode :
I add a product to cart. It tells me that one product is added to cart. But cart is empty :-(
Any idea ?

Best,

Alain

Milbo

I think it should not be pshop_allow_reviews use allow_reviews
or at least vm, because this is not phpshop anymore.

The d version has again some new errors, which were already solved in j1.5 afaik. Due the changes of the js we run in some errors, we did not expect and fount them last days.