Author Topic: Layout shifting full right in IE  (Read 565 times)

knapperture

• Beginner
Layout shifting full right in IE
« on: August 05, 2011, 16:05:36 pm »
This is the only page that is shifting and it only does so in IE. I have no idea how to correct it please help.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dylanjh

• Lunarhotel.co.uk
Re: Layout shifting full right in IE
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 16:31:13 pm »
Its probably an element pushing it over.
Install firefox and install the firebug plugin, right click on the element you want to change, and click inspect element. This will show you what css is acting upon the element you clicked on. It will let you change the values in real time, and see the effect. It will also tell you which file to change.
Register in Joomla / Virtuemart without a Username (uses email address instead). http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk

twcmex

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 16:50:13 pm »
This often due to an unclosed Div tag  :(

knapperture

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 16:55:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

I found the answer in another post. Needed to add 4 lines in layout.css file.

Hi there

Just found the answer to this - sorry if it's too late for the original posters.

The answer is that the code which controls the positioning of the 'add new shipping address form' is a 'fieldset' within 'account.shipto.tpl.php'; this is controlled by the css within forms.css in your template file (that's the template that controls the whole of the site) so probably in /public_html/templates/yourtemplatename/css/

To solve the problem add the following code at line 7, immediately after the border style

Code: [Select]
fieldset {
    width: 100%;
    float: left;
}

Now your form will float left even in IE and take up all the available space in the body div. 

I hope that helps a few of you.

I also heartily recommend that if you're not yet familiar with firebug you go here http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Using_Firebug_With_Your_Joomla_Website and look through the tutorial - it is very good and easy to understand.  Firebug is a stunning tool for solving these kind of issues and well worth the 20 minutes to understand the basics of what it does.

Best

Mike