News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

how to Upgrade UPS module

Started by delroyp, April 22, 2011, 04:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delroyp

I have 1.1 and i would like to upgrade to UPSv2... can somone walk me thru this please..... my shipping rates are wrong.

troyk

I'm sure I'm not the most qualified person to answer this, but I just did it and so, here's my answer.

Download the zip file and open it into a folder. Open the "readme" file and it will help. Essentially from there you're doing 2 things.

1) open the sql code in a text editor and run in from a SQL window in the databases section of your cPanel or whatever you have wherever you host.

2) FTP or upload the files to your server and agree to overwrite the exisiting ones.

Now, I would personally back them up first. And I also ran a diff on each of them so that I could be sure that I wasn't clobbering anything that I had already modified. A good practice as habit. If you don't have a diff tool, you can use www.quickdiff.com

Hope that helps.

apexd.com

Can you be more specific with instruction number 1, I have done everything just trying to update the sql, so far none of the readme files can break down the process of inserting a table and uploading the provided sql file

lowmips

Hi,
In phpMyAdmin, go to "Import", browse to the upsv2.sql file, and click "Go".  Be sure you back up everything first.

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)