News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

error: credit card not found paypal api issue with internet explorer

Started by seovisibly, August 03, 2011, 21:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seovisibly

i have been looking all day for a resolution to my problem. i need help asap.

let me explain as clearly as possible:

firstly, let me say that everything works as it should on all browsers EXCEPT internet explorer (IE)

here is my problem with IE

i am using paypal api. i have 2 options with this for payment.
1. paypal - where it directs me to paypal to pay for product
2. credit option using paypal api - where i put all credit card information in and it processed it using paypal api in the background

right now, if i use the credit card option and enter all credit card info...it works!

however, if i click the paypal option and click next it gives me the "error: credit card number not found" as if i entered a bad credit card

AND if i do this

Open the file get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php in [JOOMLA_HOME]/components/com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\checkout

Look for this code:

<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="" />

and change for this

<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="2" />

then paypal option works fine BUT now when i enter my credit card info and click next instead of taking me to the confirm page for the credit card it directs me to paypal instead as if i click the paypal radio button option.

it seems like IE cannot distinguish which radio button someone is choosing. it is either doing one or the other.

please help me fix asap. the site is live and this is driving me nuts.

ralfeez

I am having problems with the same thing. Has anyone found a work around on this? Virtuemart is unusable at this time.

paswan

Here problem is that ,js is not  updating the value when paypal is checked.
So try this ,it works for me...........

Replace all code of  get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php in [JOOMLA_HOME]/components/com_virtuemart\themes\yourTheme\templates\checkout             
with the attached file code.

[attachment cleanup by admin]