News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't save PayPal payment method. Internal Server Error - SQL Injection detected

Started by CraigMartin, July 31, 2011, 01:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigMartin

When in the Virtuemart back-end administration, I get the following error message:

500 - An error has occurred.

Internal Server Error - SQL Injection detected!

The error only happens when saving changes to the PayPal payment method.
Any ideas?

Using:
Joomla Version 1.5.22
Virtuemart 1.1.9

JoomJohnny5

Hi Craig - Any luck with this?  I am now having the same problem out of nowhere.  Quite strange.  Ill keep messing around and keep you updated.  Thanks.
There's only one remedy for mulletosis.

JoomJohnny5

shakensoul

I am also getting the same error when trying to add Paypal Legacy>Configuration>Payment Extra Info code.

500 - An error has occurred.
Internal Server Error - SQL Injection detected!

The code I am trying to insert is the as per this post http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39584.0

The default code is also not working. Can this code be manually added to any of the config file?

I am using VM 1.1.8 stable and Joomla 1.5.23

Any help would be appreciated.

stinga

G'day,

I don't think this is a J!VM issue, but it might be, I would have thought it is your hosting provider, but I am sure someone knowledgeable will be along shortly.
That error is very web servery I.E, the 500, if it was J!VM it would hopefully be a nice error message.

Who hosts your site?
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

shakensoul

Host is hostdime.in

I am no web developer, but a newbie.  :'(

I checked the usual error logs but could not find anything unusual.

Can this code be manually added to any of the config file?

shakensoul

stinga

G'day,

Since you have upgraded this probably points to it being your web host. Have you asked them if they do any checking?
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

shakensoul

Quote from: stinga on August 21, 2011, 19:20:00 PM
G'day,

Since you have upgraded this probably points to it being your web host. Have you asked them if they do any checking?

I am not exactly sure what to tell my host, which files I should ask them to look....

Stonedfury

Do you have site security installed? Something like easycalcPlus? I have found that most security applications that protect against SQL Injections don't like admin making changes.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

shakensoul

Quote from: Stonedfury on August 23, 2011, 22:04:19 PM
Do you have site security installed? Something like easycalcPlus? I have found that most security applications that protect against SQL Injections don't like admin making changes.

You hit the nail on the head! Thanks a ton. You are a sweetheart  ;D

Everything is working great now.

JoomJohnny5

That's exactly what it was for me too - I simply disabled easycalcPlus and then the changes submit fine, then re-enabled the plugin

The manual workaround 1) editing the database values for the table "jos_vm_payment_method" and 2) editing the file /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal.cfg.php should also do it

Thanks y'all