Author Topic: 404 error when removing article from front page  (Read 929 times)

SoTrue

• Beginner
    • Site Wide Design
404 error when removing article from front page
« on: July 20, 2011, 13:37:18 pm »
Hi All,

I appear to be having a very odd problem. I have moved my random products module to the centre of the frontpage (ja_news i beleive) however the standard 'Joomla! Features' article is still below it even though i have disabled this for frontpage. I then unpublished the article completely...but when navigating ro my front page after that i get a 404 page error....very odd behaviour? Any help would be most appreciated.

Donna :)

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: 404 error when removing article from front page
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 15:13:18 pm »
I guess you are new to Joomla. What you are seeing is not a VirtueMart issue, but I'd guess that you unpublished the default Joomla home page menu link? See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=66083.0

If you have SEF turned on in Joomla then turn it off as this can cause 404s at times, and does not work with VirtueMart.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.6.8.10197 on Joomla 3.9.13 PHP 7.0.33

SoTrue

• Beginner
    • Site Wide Design
Re: 404 error when removing article from front page
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 14:03:22 pm »
You're correct, i havent built a store for a number of years, my previous experience was with OScommerce, so its all quite new to me :) I did manage to figure it out just before reading you post.

I had 2 default home pages, one was set as an article and that was the default, so hence unpublishing the article gave me that error. I switched this to the 'Other' home page and all is well. Thank you for your response :)