Author Topic: Australia Post shipping  (Read 221815 times)

Gippsweb

• Beginner
    • Wots I.T.?
Re: Australia Post shipping
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 02:27:51 am »
Hi Benneh, this is a great module and has finally made me move across from the osc side.
Although as my host has allow_url_fopen turned off we cannot seem to get it working.
Have you seen this problem b4?
I may have changed from osc2nuke to mambo/joomla about the time this setting was changed by my host because I'm sure I had the auspost module from oscommerce working ok.

mavric

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2006, 07:09:42 am »
Benneh, great work on the module its much appreciated.

spinfx

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 06:23:12 am »
Uncle Buck

Love your graphics for AusPost - great work!

How did you configure so users can choose parcel or airmail or economy air etc? This would look right at home built into the module itself.

Please tell how you did it all.

Thanks, David ;-)

UncleBuck

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 23:24:05 pm »
A number of people have asked for an update on where my changes are at and as a result I have decided to attach the shipping module here. I am currently using it on one production site and have not had any problems, however, the site it is used on is a VERY low traffic site and does not get many sales. You should treat this as a beta release at this time.

Please note that there are a number of comments in the code and I am waiting for Benneh to go over it and just make sure that all is ok.

I would never have been able to get this started without the initial code written by Benneh and I have left it up to him to finalize and release it as part of the Virtuemart package.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Szandokan

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 23:45:11 pm »
You're a legend UncleBuck!

I've downloaded your "Advanced" Australia Post Shipping Module (I think I was the first one  ;) ) and tried it on a development site.  It all works very well!

I tested it with both domestic (Australian) and international delivery addresses and the rates work out right for each Shipping Type, disabling the apropriate ones that don't apply.  It even includes estimated delivery times!  Fantastic!

One immediate thought that comes to mind for an enhancement would be to simply hide the Shipping Types that don't apply to the selected shipping address, instead of showing them with a note that they're not available.  If I get a chance in the next couple of days to try and do this, I'll let you know how I go with it.

Great job!

UncleBuck

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2006, 00:03:28 am »
That should ba a really simple mod to do.

I mainly left it in to confirm that all was working as it should. My personal opinion is to only show what ones are available but just havn't got around to it yet.

UncleBuck

• Beginner
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 00:07:20 am »

I've downloaded your "Advanced" Australia Post Shipping Module (I think I was the first one  ;) ) and tried it on a development site.  It all works very well!

Maybe it should be "Advanced" Australia FARE   :D......   Ok, I know that was a bit on the sick joke side, but I just couldn't resist.

FunkyMojo

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2006, 00:57:44 am »
hi fellow aussies :)

ok I have a couple of questions.

I ship computer parts and I Like the look of this updated version of the module. However as you know pc parts eg: monitors  somtimes weigh too much ( when 2 or 3 are ordered ) for the 20 kg limit for austpost. I tested it with 2 full size monitors and the error message

"Australia Post shipping calculator failed, reason: Invalid weight parameter "

Can I change this message ??? so it says something other than this ???

if so where ??

Thanks

Funky

UncleBuck

• Beginner
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2006, 03:37:21 am »

One immediate thought that comes to mind for an enhancement would be to simply hide the Shipping Types that don't apply to the selected shipping address, instead of showing them with a note that they're not available. 

This is easy to do by just commenting out lines 168 and 172 of the auspost.php file.

UncleBuck

• Beginner
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2006, 04:06:26 am »
"Australia Post shipping calculator failed, reason: Invalid weight parameter "

Can I change this message ??? so it says something other than this ???
Yes you can...
At line 174 of the auspost.php file, insert the following:
Code: [Select]
elseif(trim(strtolower($APerrorMessage)) == $service." Invalid weight parameter ")
 {
  $html .= "Product to heavy to ship via Australia Post. Please select another shipping method.<br>";
 }

Note: I haven't tested this but it should work so long as the string is exactly what is returned from auspost (including whitespace).
You could put whatever you liked into the $html.=

diver

• Beginner
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 21:15:29 pm »
G'day
I am not may change handling. I change amount - this not add.

spinfx

• Beginner
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2006, 08:59:10 am »
Hi Uncle Buck

Have just installed the Advanced Australia (fare - LOL) Post Shipping Module and it works well except that I cannot get the images to show - all I get is the ALT wording. I've chcked the images and path over and over and can't see anything wrong. The images are in the "images" folder.

Do you have any ideas?

My site is not yet live or available outside so I can't show you the problem - sorry.

Hope you can help.
Regards, David

mavric

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2006, 09:04:57 am »
Where did you put the images directory spinfx?

Hi Uncle Buck

Have just installed the Advanced Australia (fare - LOL) Post Shipping Module and it works well except that I cannot get the images to show - all I get is the ALT wording. I've chcked the images and path over and over and can't see anything wrong. The images are in the "images" folder.

Do you have any ideas?

My site is not yet live or available outside so I can't show you the problem - sorry.

Hope you can help.
Regards, David

spinfx

• Beginner
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2006, 09:50:18 am »
Where did you put the images directory spinfx?

I put the images directory as  "/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/images"

Cheers, David ;-)

mavric

• Beginner
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2006, 15:25:33 pm »

I put the images directory as  "/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/images"

Cheers, David ;-)

Strange, that is the same place I put mine. Have you checked your file permissions?