Problem installing latest version (1.9.8 Virtuemart 2 RC2) on joomla 1.6.5

Started by fadeout79, July 18, 2011, 19:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadeout79

Hello everyone,

I have this errors popping up when installing the virtuemart component on joomla 1.6.5 :

Erreur de construction des menus de l'administration  (translated to "Error of administration menu construction")
        setStoreOwner was not possible to execute INSERT __vmusers for virtuemart_user_id 42

and then it says : Components, installation successfull.

Which is quite false, since I don't have any menu in administration, so I cannot set-up my component.

Any Idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

taelir

Having the same problem here on a clean install of joomla 1.7.

any ideas?

Milbo

Hmm strange that I didnt see your post before.

Your post is from 18. July, our last release is from 20 july, so you may just try the new version.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

fadeout79

Yeah, I've tried to update, now there is always the problem (no administration menu), but at least I can use the component, I don't have the mysql_error, for errors that were popping before and made this (very great) component unusable to me...

I will have to see how it goes from now on, but I would be more than pleased to have it worked at least whitout the menus. 

By the way, is there any sql query that I can paste in phpMyAdmin to add those menus?  that will help me a lot!

Thanks

Milbo

There is even a command doing that for you.

use "/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=updatesmigration" and choose there "Reset all tables
and install sampledata" to install the virtuemart tables.

When you cant execute it, due the stop set in the config, you can use use "/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config" and enable the dangerous db tools (security feature).

Your install problem is strange. Hmm would like to know the reason for it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

fadeout79

I'll make sure to try that, let me know If I can be of any help to give you more information about my problem or anything else that I can do that will be purposeful, I'm quite open to help find potential problems over this project and help make it more robust than it is already. 

By the way, you guys do a great job! :)

I did had problem yesterday trying to add one products in the db.   I will try to paste the errors I got today.

owanderer.com

Hi,

I have a same problem. I tried to install VM2 for joomla 1.7.3 but no administration menu for a VM2.

Any idea how can I fix it?

Thx

David-Andrew

iDEAL for Virtuemart 3
http://www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions/ccideal-platform-ideal-for-joomla

Also supports Rabo OmniKassa and other payment providers, and older Virtuemart versions!