Author Topic: How to make optional account creation work?  (Read 2052 times)

stuffdone

• Beginner
How to make optional account creation work?
« on: July 06, 2011, 19:35:18 pm »
I have tried changing settings in VM config to "optional account creation" as well as "silent" but in both cases customers are always asked to log in or register in order to place an order. Payment methods are LinkPoint and PayPal.

I must be missing some other setting but have not found the solution.

Perhaps someone can clarify for me what else I need to do other than making those selections so customers have the option to NOT create an account or, as in the silent mode, are not even asked with the order just being processed.

Thanks.

kevinwood

Re: How to make optional account creation work?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 20:58:55 pm »
With optional and silent the checkout process looks almost identical to the normal account creation option.  That is, your customers are still shown a screen where they have the option of either logging in using an existing account or filling in their details.  With "optional" selected, they just have a tick box at the bottom that allows them to register an account.

If you don't want to present them with a login option at all you'll need to select "no account creation".

stuffdone

• Beginner
Re: How to make optional account creation work?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 20:07:37 pm »
Here's the problem...that option does not work.

Yes I see it. Yes I enabled it. But when it is time to check out there is no option to NOT register.  Users have only two options. (a) log in with existing account or (b) create a new account.

The problem is how do I make this work so users do not have to create an account in order to check out?

When enabled: Silent, Optional still get same result asking to log in with existing or create a new account. No option to NOT create an account.

When enabled: No account creation when clicking to check out it presents an account registration form, not a form to enter the credit card.

Want to just check out with credit card and enter shipping information but no requirement to create an account to do so.

So far only the PayPal lets users check out directly.