News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2 STABLE launch date?

Started by Razva, July 13, 2011, 16:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Sorry, it seems you do not to understand that you just lack a lot knowledge.

This has nothing todo with beta or not, it will never change. It has also nothing todo with virtuemart in special. Just learn how to customize a joomla component. You dont know how to, then read the links I posted to you and learn it. Banquet and jjk already said to you simular. Stop hacking the vm core, this is obsolete and outdated and learn todo it right, thats it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

CranialBlaze

Sometimes you can only go so far with stylesheeta before you actually need to modify the php itself, once vm2 can actually read something other than default.php, and no I have not actually checked H, ill no longer need to wory about updates replacing my files.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

jjk

An example:
Concering your 'default.php' for the categories - just go to the directory ...\components\com_virtuemart\views\category\tmpl and make a copy of 'default.php' which you rename for example to 'mycategory.php and place it in the same directory as your 'default.php'. Now you can select 'mycategory' as your standard 'Category Browse Page' in the 'Product Categories' - 'Product Category Form'.
If you customize your 'mycategory.php' it will never become overwritten by a VM2 update again. Very simple, isn't it?  ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

CranialBlaze

I tried thay in G with the category page when I first started and it did not work. Probably should of tried again with H, was planning on waiting till its finally final again before trying again that way I at least know all the important stuffs their and working.

Rather a little extra work now as the sites 3 months in developement and we need to go live, I'm hoping that vm is working well enough for phase 1, just a shipping issue left and I can safely let it go live and update as team cm does.

Even buggy vm is now and most definitely in the future a far better choice than hika or jshopping

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

alatak

Hi

QuoteEven buggy vm is now and most definitely in the future a far better choice than hika or jshopping
great :)
Spread the word  ;)

CranialBlaze

Quote from: alatak on October 08, 2011, 13:00:36 PM
Hi

QuoteEven buggy vm is now and most definitely in the future a far better choice than hika or jshopping
great :)
Spread the word  ;)

Always do, if you guys has takeb much longer I would of had no choice but to use jshopping but for 2 smaller sites one which I already complete I stuck with j1.5 just so I could use vm, the other sire, well leta just say the clients less organized than id normally like, but is kind of advantages this time round.

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

Pyno

www wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen