News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2 STABLE launch date?

Started by Razva, July 13, 2011, 16:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sitebuildernow

Thank you for all of your hard work and dilligence.
Coburn Enterprises
"Better Everything"
Website Developer / SEO and SEM Expert
Joomla! and Virtuemart (current versions always)

jakeslife

Once launched, will there be a 1.1.9=>2.0 upgrade option?

Milbo

There is already a migrator built in vm2. Please test the new version provided here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=85643.0 .

When in this version not new major bugs appear you can consider it as the Final.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jeorcal

where is the list of new features ?

thank you

HeartFreedom

When should we expect for the stable release of VM2?

jeorcal

pinjosi

They are working really hard on the stable version. There is no ETA yet, so we need to wait till its done.

When they have an ETA we will see it on the homepage. i am sure about that.

So keep your horses and wait please for these hard working people.

Greets,

The Pin

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lukelee

my client doesn't want to wait any more, I think I have to go back to VM2 version G.

Milbo

We released today the H version, but you will see in your virtuemart anyway :-)

CranialBlaze

Is their perhaps a changelog, i see the included 1 is still for V1.5.

How close are we to the final release, G was pretty good once i figured out that yootheme was causing my biggest problem, the last major thing was the products module broke the page when checking out, obviously i can prevent its display, would be nice if i didn't have to though.

THanks for all the great and hard work guys.
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

Milbo

Quote from: CranialBlaze on October 07, 2011, 06:56:57 AM
Is their perhaps a changelog, i see the included 1 is still for V1.5.
What do you mean with this?

Markonero

The update fail for me on Joomla 1.7 with:

XML: Document is empty
XML: Start tag expected, '<' not found

I tried to upload the update manually as an extension - the same thing. So the auto-update doesn't work. The only way I was able to update is by downloading the whole H package and installing that - seems to work ;)

Hammerhead

Let me ask the same question, but in a different way.

What would be the downside of beginning development with H right now?  IOW, if we start building a store, and a couple features are still buggy but we can live with them or work around them, won't that eventually be corrected by slipstreaming incremental fixes along the way?  Or would corrections require completely reinstalling and starting over from scratch?

The point is that for those of us who are under pressure to have a site ready in time for the upcoming Christmas season, we can't wait until November to only then begin updating everything.  It would be greatly beneficial to many of us to be able to begin basic configuration, populating items and testing payment gateways sooner, rather than later.

CranialBlaze

Quote from: Hammerhead on October 07, 2011, 16:42:22 PM
Let me ask the same question, but in a different way.

What would be the downside of beginning development with H right now?  IOW, if we start building a store, and a couple features are still buggy but we can live with them or work around them, won't that eventually be corrected by slipstreaming incremental fixes along the way?  Or would corrections require completely reinstalling and starting over from scratch?

The point is that for those of us who are under pressure to have a site ready in time for the upcoming Christmas season, we can't wait until November to only then begin updating everything.  It would be greatly beneficial to many of us to be able to begin basic configuration, populating items and testing payment gateways sooner, rather than later.

VM does not do incremental updates, i updated from G to H today and spent 2 hours putting the styles back together, would of been much longer but i had the sense to do as many of the modifications as i could in an alternate style sheet. Your database will remain in tack, but any custom styling you implement will be replaced.
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2