News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Is there inventory control for attributes ?

Started by netboard, July 12, 2011, 22:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netboard

Hello,

I downloaded 2.0 RC  and tried but I didn't understand about that custom fileds. is there ant inventory control option for attributes ?

Milbo

You need to combine that with childproducts.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

woonydanny

Sorry i don't understand how to do this either.

Can someone please elaborate/ provide a little tutorial.

thanks

Milbo

This is not 100% done yet.

The idea is that you use the customfields and there the child products. A customfield linked to a child has an inventory. So how do you start?

Create a product, create childs for it. Go back to your parent and play around with the customfields. I ask Patrick to answer here, because he knows this part better.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

HI,
Look in \components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default.php
    /* Product custom Childs
     * to display a simple link use $field->virtuemart_product_id as link to child product_id
     * custom_value is relation value to child
     */
as comment and read the next code to view how to display it.

Studio 42

Quote from: netboard on July 12, 2011, 22:02:10 PM
Hello,

I downloaded 2.0 RC  and tried but I didn't understand about that custom fileds. is there ant inventory control option for attributes ?

THis are no stock control for custom attributes exept for child.
You can set custom relation with Child and parent, then select it and add a "relation word" for each child/parent relation. Use images or list(because is an object you can reuse the value easy)
YOu only have to input the difference from parent to the child.
Exemple for Tshirt :
You wan't only a name change Eg. Red T-Shirt then you change the name from product
but you can set the price or what you want(image , manufacturer ....)
look on the Hand Shovel in the example database this have child/parent
when you click on the handshowel you can see the child handshowel (1st Tab product info >go down to the end)
If you have set custom types : Child (this is set in the sample datas) then you can choice the relation.

This permit to add attributesVERY FAST with price, illimited variantes and modify easy the display with joomla templating.
And of course Stock control ....

netboard

it is not possible to make like joomshopping. They have very good attribute with inventory control. I use virtuemart and want to continue with it but there is problem with new shop about attributes because products has so many size and color attributes and I have to control inventroy all color with size.  joomshopping makes my job easy but they don't have enought module, plugin etc.. and there is no support like virtuemart.

aravot

Joomshopping looks good, I had never seen it before very well done specifically the attribute portion.

netboard

Yes, attribute part is very good.  Easy to configurate and don't need to set child product etc..  Maybe in the future virtuemart will have same attribute control :)

woonydanny

So just to confirm - VM2 cannot do inventory control for attributes?

For example i sell tshirts, the tshirts come in multiple sizes as well as multiple colours. So i want to keep track of the amount of stock I have of each shirt.

So i have 63 shirts in total:
8 x Green Medium Shirts
4 x Green Large Shirts
6 x Green XLarge Shirts
3 x Green XXLarge Shirts
8 x Red Medium Shirts
4 x Red Large Shirts
6 x Red XLarge Shirts
3 x Red XXLarge Shirts
8 x Blue Medium Shirts
4 x Blue Large Shirts
6 x Blue XLarge Shirts
3 x Blue XXLarge Shirts

How can i do that? If it is not possible, it is a feature that VM desperately needs. I know Redshop does it quite well, not sure about JoomShopping

Studio 42

Quote from: peetree21 on July 26, 2011, 14:05:47 PM
So just to confirm - VM2 cannot do inventory control for attributes?

For example i sell tshirts, the tshirts come in multiple sizes as well as multiple colours. So i want to keep track of the amount of stock I have of each shirt.

So i have 63 shirts in total:
8 x Green Medium Shirts
4 x Green Large Shirts
6 x Green XLarge Shirts
3 x Green XXLarge Shirts
8 x Red Medium Shirts
4 x Red Large Shirts
6 x Red XLarge Shirts
3 x Red XXLarge Shirts
8 x Blue Medium Shirts
4 x Blue Large Shirts
6 x Blue XLarge Shirts
3 x Blue XXLarge Shirts

How can i do that? If it is not possible, it is a feature that VM desperately needs. I know Redshop does it quite well, not sure about JoomShopping

Sure you can do that !

Eg. add a new product : Tshirt
Do 3 children (green,red,blue)
go in first children(red)
add 4 children(medium,Large,Xlarge,XXLarge)
go in "sub" children(green/medium)
add 8 children ....
go in "sub" children(green/Large)
add 4 children ....

To have relation :
add "new" custom fields in administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=custom
Title : color
Custom Field Type :Child product
and save it

Now go on the main product( first tab)
look for "Parent & Child Products"
you have the 3 "main" child
and a select list for each child product
select "color"
to see the "color" as title relation
-  input the color(eg. green red or blue)

now for "sub" children do same

add "new" custom fields in administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=custom
Title : Size
Custom Field Type : Child product
and save it
Now you have to go on go in first children(eg. red)
in "Parent & Child Products"
select "Size"
to see the "Size" as title relation
-  input the color in the field(eg. Medium, Large .... )

YOu have Stock option.price .... as all products, But you have only to add your changes(title or price ...) not to fillout all the porduct fields

But of course you have to put a Stock value for each child product or the stock are the same as the main product!!

To explain this in some words , you have only to do :
- add child relation> add children, in each children change stock and relation name

(and you can use translation for cusmtomfields, if you add it on the language file)

Patrick

aravot

Does this has to be done for every product? If so a site selling clotting it will take a lot of time adding managing products.

Milbo

netboard

is it not visibile to see how much time it can take ?
There is no option for stable inventory control. You have to create every sizes and colors for each product.

is this small work ?
I have 600 products and half of them have 3 colors and 10 sizes. (lingerie shop for men and women)

how can I manage them without inventory control ?

I think that joomshopping best choise for me.

Milbo

It seems you did not understand what a child product is.

I think you dont even know that you can create a product pattern in vm2.

A child product is inheriting ALL attributes of the parent, if not overwritten by the child.

There is no big difference compared to the others systems. In fact the creation of the child will later be done in the background maybe  ( a kind of wizard doing that for you).

to underline, what you have todo is ONLY - add child relation> add children, in each children change stock and relation name.

In every system, you must define the stock and the name and add something. The others add variants, we add childproducts.

Why we do add childproducts? you can show different images for every variant. Every variant can have its own description or is taking the description of the parent.

You can have 50 stocks in your storage and present them as one product.

Sorry that I sound angry, but this is really a bit stupid. You did not even tried it and why do you constantly state that there is no inventory controll, when in fact there is an inventory controll, hmm.