Author Topic: additional pictures for products doesn't work on servor (it works on local)  (Read 3391 times)

Mati

• Beginner
Hi,
Vm 1.1.5 on Joomla 1.5.23 stable.
My local version enables me to add pictures for my products (column media in product listing)
But, on distant (OVH), it's no more possible.
javascript:document.adminForm.toggle.onclick();vm_submitButton('new','adminForm','product.file_form'); is the href of the "new" button. Maybe something to do with it ?
When I click on "new", it goes to "internal servor error" after a moment.

Any idea of what to verify ? (DB or CHMOD ?)

(Crawltrack and smartoptimizer are running on servor, not on local. But maybe it has nothing to do with my problem)
Thanks

Mati

• Beginner
Nobody ?
I've shut down Smartoptimizer, the problem stays.

Please somebody helps me...

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
what happens when you open it in a new tab?

does your joomla media manager work?

Did you go from local to live? how did you move it?
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

Mati

• Beginner
Hi,
Sorry I don't understand your question.
What happen when you open it in a new tab ?
When I click on "media" column, Firefox or IExplore opens a new window with possibility to add pictures.
If I click on "New", I have to wait for a long time before the windows goes to "Internal servor error" or "max delay time"

The website on local works fine. The "new" button shows the upload page very fastly and I can upload pictures with no problems.
I have uploaded all folders from local to servor with Filezilla (No errors while uploading) and DB with PhpMyAdmin without any difficulties.
Maybe a problem with OVH (Folder chmod) ?
I'd like to compare weight of files from local to servor, but I don't know what to look at...

Thanks for your help

Mati

• Beginner
Hi, Banquet,
My problem is on the upload page css. On local, it opens the upload page with no problems cause it finds the appropriate css
on servor it doesn't. Page remain white with minimum css, after a long wait, or gives error.
I've seen thanks to Webdeveloper, that the css information shows no result on servor as it shows complete css on local.

Do you know what file to upload or to verify to fix that issue ?
Thanks

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
try viewing source, and click the link to the css and find the empty one

J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

Mati

• Beginner
Well,
click on "new" calls
"mywebsite/administrator/index3.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=product.file_form&product_id=10261&no_menu=1"
but shows no css.
The website seems to search for css, that would explain the long duration time.
From time to time it shows an upload page, but there's no linked css.

Don't know what to do... :(

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
when you get to this url
"mywebsite/administrator/index3.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=product.file_form&product_id=10261&no_menu=1"

VIEW the page source.

FIND the css that is missing
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

Mati

• Beginner
On my very last attempts, The upload page was correctly shown. But I had to wait for 86 seconds !
So, I no longer thinks the css is the problem.
maybe a javascript error ?

Mati

• Beginner
I have found were the problem was !!
On every VM, you have a "downloads" menu in Global configuration.
Even if you don't use downloads, you musn't leave your Joomla root url in "download folders root"
Use another adress, "documents" for example, and save your configuration to have additional pictures upload working.

Translation for French users

Résolution du problème pour l'ajout des images supplémentaires de Virtuemart :
Il faut absolument ne pas laisser l'Url de la racine de votre site Joomla dans l'onglet "Téléchargements / Racine des fichiers en téléchargement" du menu "Configuration globale" de Virtuemart.
mettez par exemple "votresite/documents" même si vous n'utilisez pas le téléchargement. Enregistrez votre configuration et ça marche à nouveau.