Author Topic: Selling photos and preventing unpaid downloads  (Read 712 times)

clarkcoet

• Beginner
Selling photos and preventing unpaid downloads
« on: July 06, 2011, 07:54:35 am »
Hi All,
I want to sell photographs online. I want to show the thumbnail image and when clicked will show enlarged. The user must order the photo before he can download it or copy it.
How do I do this please. I have scrolled through lots of documentation but can't find a solution.
Please help
Clark

JKart

Re: Selling photos and preventing unpaid downloads
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 15:04:06 pm »
Hi All,
I want to sell photographs online. I want to show the thumbnail image and when clicked will show enlarged. The user must order the photo before he can download it or copy it.
How do I do this please. I have scrolled through lots of documentation but can't find a solution.
Please help
Clark

Hello:

Here's another photographer :) you are lucky I found you (or you found me....lol).

I have set-up photo selling website, however have small problem with proper resizing of thumbnails. The procedure of fixing that is ongoing, I hope it will be resolved soon. Nevermind, I want to ask you what kind of software you are using, before I try to help you.

Maybe I could simply install you complete website (when mine was ready), for small fee? Instructions and limited time support would be included. Let me know what you think, since I have everything you need and it would you cost a fraction of the photo stores offered on the market.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Selling photos and preventing unpaid downloads
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 19:28:57 pm »

That is exactly what VirtueMart can do. Have a look at http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/Product_Files_and_Images.html to give you a clue how to upload photos as downloadables.

If you want to get up and running quickly there are commercial template packages available for this eg. http://www.shape5.com/product_details/club_templates/photofolio_-_january_2011_joomla_club_template.html
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10