Author Topic: Need some information about VirtueMart...  (Read 429 times)

zeahgan_white

• Beginner
Need some information about VirtueMart...
« on: June 20, 2011, 21:32:06 pm »
Hello,

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'm going to place it into the general questions section. It seems the most logical place out of the other choices.

Anyway, I am from Michigan, USA, and I was looking at VirtueMart for my project. Unfortunately, I'm not entire sure it's for me.

You see, I need something rather specific for my project. I looked at basic features that your program offers and it seems like it could work with my website, but I need some specific features that would make it integrate well into my project. I noticed that there are a lot of additional features not listed in with the basic program. Maybe, if I could integrate with them, I could get the functionality I'm looking for?

Here is the functionality I need:

I need a module, or multiple modules, that would allow me to make an online store, where my customers can sell their own stuff online (much like an online flea market). I'm willing to settle with an online auction house like eBay, but I would prefer it to be an online marketplace. Plus, I would like to be able to acquire commissions from the sales.

The module(s) would need to be able to sell digital products as well as physical products.

The module(s) would need to be customizable so that I can receive my commissions automatically, without having to manually collect them.

The module(s) would need to be integrable with the Community Builder module.

I am willing to settle with an auction functionality, but that isn't quite what I want.

Anyway, I am telling you all of this because I need to know whether or not VirtueMart is the module I'm looking for? Does VirtueMart have any and/or all of the functionality that my project needs?

Any and all information you give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Zeahgan White

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Need some information about VirtueMart...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 21:55:27 pm »
VirtueMart 2 will be released soon, and in a few months time multi-vendor capability will be added. It is a Component, not a module, and as yet I do not know if it will work with CB, as that component uses its own member tables, while VirtueMart utilises & builds onto Joomla user tables.

Multi vendor means different things to different people, and so far the only system I have seen working was based on Magento (but not the free version). It was only a profff of concept, but I believe similar modification code is available.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.6 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.4.5.10059 on Joomla 3.9.6