Author Topic: Bug in Virtuemart 1.1.9 with category module  (Read 71308 times)

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
Re: Bug in Virtuemart 1.1.9 with category module
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 18:25:59 pm »
Maybe it is your theme try default VirtueMart theme.

tomml

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 21:41:27 pm »
i tried to change the template but it didn't help ):
some other options ?

tomml

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 14:54:52 pm »
somebody ?! please!

jaamsadams

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 13:18:42 pm »
I am new at VM, hardly started playing with a month back or so.

Any how I did check both with my template and defauld VM template (v1.1.5 & v1.1.9)

I did insert and removed that little !

Currently upon inserting ! it shows only product which have got set Categories as parent also. If no product has been bounded to parent it remains empty.

wouldn't it make better sense if it shows all special products for all underneath categories

tomml

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 15:38:59 pm »
i just restored my old website with akeeba backup ... i am not updating my virtuemart again to 1.1.9 , until it will be 100% fixed from bugs...

anyways, thanks for all the pepole who tried to help me here (:

sambo

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 08:08:45 am »
Thanks bh, that fixed my issue!

I did a grep (over all the code files) for $child_list and only found it in the line already mentioned - line 86 in shop.browse. So unless my grep went wrong $child_list isnt even set.
I recoded as:
Code: [Select]
elseif( $num_rows == 0 && empty($product_type_id) && (isset($category_id) && !$ps_product_category->has_childs($category_id))) {
Please let me know if I've missed something regarding $child_list.

webdesco

• Beginner
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 21:36:57 pm »
sorry that my solution  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=81461.msg268327 has caused problems with other users, I did suggest that you could leave the ! in place and modify the
browse_notables.tpl.php in my themes/mytheme/templates/browse/includes folder to include a condition that displays the empty category if $num_products ==0
However I'm guessing that if a category does not contain any products but does contain sub-categories that the $num_products would still equal zero and this solution might fail.

Anastasios

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2011, 11:31:24 am »
Hello from Greece.
I had the same problem exactly when i updated to 1.1.9, with my categories but i thought my solution would to hide the main categories.
So that is what i did... But the problem remains and made other conflicts.

My problem now, except from the problem that i cant see my main kategories is...
When i go to any category its all good... when i click on a product starts the problem.
Once i get to the product... it sends me to another category.
It shows the product correctly but the explorer bar shows that i am in another category (and it shows on the menu also)... its very confusing for my customers and i cant work like that.
Please help.

My website is www.foodparty.gr and i have a translation tool for any language at the right.
If you need more info for the problem please ask me.

And thank God forums like this exist in order to help each other.

Thanks in advance.
Anastasios.
Respect others as you wish them to respect you.

hdwebpros

• Beginner
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 17:06:15 pm »
Wow. got a big scare in front of 2 clients with the VM update. Don't know why the ! was removed, but I'm glad I found this post. Also, it shouldn't wait until the next release. Otherwise every single person that tries out VM for the first time will not have any nested sub categories available and will leave because they have to hack the code to make it work normally. Just my 2cents

publiccreate

• Beginner
    • dien hoa
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 12:14:06 pm »
hi, i use VirtueMart 1.1.9

I get an error does not load the Category when adding a new product

please help me

_________
Dien hoa

mapshop

• Beginner
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 23:31:41 pm »
Just about went crazy when there were no products in our categories and subcategories. Looked at everything in admin, and all looked good (everything published!). Then came to the forum and found there were many, many others with the same dilemma. Well, since I am such a newbie, and know virtually nothing about changing the code, piecing together what everyone else said, for the categories and subcategories with no products in them (ex. books (no products), hiking books (no products) local hiking (products), I just added a product from another category (ex. compasses and hiking maps) as products that the customer might be interested in purchasing also, something like "relate products". And lo and behold!! I had my categories with products in them back. This might not be the correct and proper fix, but we have our site back. Implementing this strategy might be the solution for those of you out there, like me, that only know the basics!!! Hope this helps.

taohi

• Beginner
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 22:14:37 pm »
i've got the same problem here when i've update 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 ..

I only change the new:
elseif( $num_rows == 0 && empty($product_type_id) && empty($child_list)) {

to the old line:
elseif( $num_rows == 0 && empty($product_type_id) && !empty($child_list)) {

and now it's solved..  only a problem of the ->      !
thanks to all community! :D

Thanks a lot as i had the other lines (from the other post)  1.8 already in my browse.php wich didn´t help, your post did give me the solution.... jipi it works... Thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much...

Klaus

vetoveljet

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 11:24:07 am »
Adding "!" to shop.browse.php file helped me a bit but didn't solve the problem. Before I was shown only "Categoty is empty" message - now I see name of category.
Yes I don't have any products in category but there is description of category with taxt and pic and some subcategories with products. I have tried all the tricks hinted here, changed templates etc. but still can't get working.
As it was working finely in 1.1.8 before upgrade - question is - how to roll back to VM 1.1.8 ? Just uninstalling current version without deleting tables or how? Has there been any changes in table structures because upgrade? Or any other suggestions I should test?

Joomla 1.5.23 and VM 1.1.9

aforantman

• Beginner
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 06:36:33 am »
Kelvyn's solution appears to have worked for us.  Much appreciated.  Cheers!

gloton

• Beginner
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 08:57:50 am »
Sorry does not speak any English!!

my explain:

not working when...

in Configuration-Site-Layout-Configuration
Product List Style= Flat Product (fixed to 1 product per row, using a table)

shows the categories but, shows also the <th>
Nombre   SKU   Precio   Imagen en miniatura   Descripción   Acciones