Author Topic: Bug in Virtuemart 1.1.9 with category module  (Read 71309 times)

veredanet

• Beginner
Re: Bug in Virtuemart 1.1.9 with category module
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 01:51:45 am »
I'm really disappointed with vm 1.1.9 version. I'm experience a lot of issues, example, i can't see my shopping cart, the sub categories appears but doesn't have an active link. Some one of the team has to check it soon, because this version has a lot of failures. pls help us, we need this tool

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 06:01:22 am »
Why are you disappointed? VirtueMart 1.1.9 Beta was released on May 28, 2011 for feedback from the community http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=87070.0, after nearly a month with only one reply Stable version was released, if the community doesn't test or reply how are the team suppose to know what the issues are.

Even now in regards to shopping cart you haven't described your issue in detail so how is the team suppose to test/duplicate.

As suggested in the 3rd post you can use shop.browse.php from VM 1.1.8 to fix category view issue.

zanardi

• Contributing Developer
    • GiBiLogic
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 10:54:28 am »
@franzpeter:
totally agree with you. In fact, two days ago i repackaged 1.1.9 so that "!" is back where it belongs and the issue reported in this thread is no longer existant. Apart from serious security issues, 1.1.9 will be the last VM 1.1.x release. Please note, though, that there are no significant structural changes in 1.1.9 such that 3d party themes and extensions developers should be worried.

@veredanet:
version 1.1.9 has not that many changes, so it sounds strange that it creates a lot of issues. Maybe there is something different which went wrong during the install? Anyway, as Aravot said, if you open a new thread and describe carefully your issue, maybe someone will be able to help.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

franzpeter

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • 2in1-online | Software, Mac, PC, Netzwerk, Drucker, Pad, Display
  • VirtueMart Version: Virtuemart 3.0.18
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 11:52:26 am »
@zanardi,

I have found something else, what seems to have some influence on the theme. There must be a change too in the way VM handles the product availability. If I change the product availability with the date function, I receive double entries in the frontend. An example: If I say: product xyz 1 in stock and I change the date to future date say 15. July or so and give it a picture like out of stock, I receive double pictures in the frontend, one says availabilty is low stock and the date will be July 15th. and the other says: out of stock. Was there a change in the product details class too, I use VM Amazing from Yagendoo, and that theme shows that problem. Did already tell the yagendoo support about the issue.

I did try to test the beta release, but my problem is, that my localhost uses MySQL 5.5.x and VM does not install on that database version.

I think it is a good decision to leave (except of occurence of security issues) VM 1.1.x as it is.

bh_scripts

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 10:32:50 am »
I did a grep (over all the code files) for $child_list and only found it in the line already mentioned - line 86 in shop.browse. So unless my grep went wrong $child_list isnt even set.
I recoded as:
Code: [Select]
elseif( $num_rows == 0 && empty($product_type_id) && (isset($category_id) && !$ps_product_category->has_childs($category_id))) {
Please let me know if I've missed something regarding $child_list.

mhornbuckle

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 16:55:26 pm »
I added the ! where it is supposed to go, and my sub categories are still not appearing. Could it be something else? Thanks

fbcyborg

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 12:34:19 pm »
Thanks for the tip. It worked like a charm.

wicko

• Graphic and web design
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 10:39:07 am »
check the changes as mentioned above but all appeared to have already been made. Changed again anyway just in case I missed the odd character but made no change. Still the category say it is empty.
I then replaced the VM 1.1.9 shop.browse.php with VM 1.1.8 version and that fixed it straight away.

tomml

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 22:57:15 pm »
it is still not working for me... not all of the categories appeers. look:
http://hockeysale.co.il/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=50&Itemid=1
http://hockeysale.co.il/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=77
and there is some more.
please help me! what should i do ?

i changed the codes and now i can see the categories but i can't see the products assyou see.. please help me!

digit

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 18:59:43 pm »
I had the same problems upgrading from 1.1.8, and the "!" partially solved my issues... than I used winmerge to compare the files and I discovered some missing code in 1.1.9.

I got the upgrade patch package 1.1.8 - 1.1.9 from this site.

Around line 250 in shop.browse.php 1.1.8 I have:

$count_prod = $products_per_row;
    $tpl->set( 'count_products', $count_prod );

in 1.1.9 is missing. After adding the code to 1.1.9 version of shop.browse, my product lists are fully working again.

tomml

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 01:43:23 am »
can you add your file ? maybe im doing it wrong, it's still not working for me O_o

lipi

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 02:00:25 am »
After days trying to figure out why these was happening, I have to say Thank you!.

I upload the two php files, the modified and the original. The modified works for me, but with the fact that now when I click on an empty category, the text "This category is empty" doesn't appear. It doesn't matter for me.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

tomml

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 12:50:07 pm »
sorry buddy , your modified version not working for me ....
look:
http://www.hockeysale.co.il/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=9&Itemid=1

thank you any ways....

someone else can help me?

digit

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 16:27:32 pm »
this is currently the version I'm using. It is V 1.1.9 file + "!" added + missing code from line 250 V 1.1.8 added.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

tomml

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 17:23:04 pm »
hi ,
i updated to 1.1.9 again , put your file but still some of my products are missing...
look at this two pages:
missing: http://hockeysale.co.il/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=9&Itemid=1
not missing: http://hockeysale.co.il/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=78

i don't know why but it is runing my website!