I have found something else, what seems to have some influence on the theme. There must be a change too in the way VM handles the product availability. If I change the product availability with the date function, I receive double entries in the frontend. An example: If I say: product xyz 1 in stock and I change the date to future date say 15. July or so and give it a picture like out of stock, I receive double pictures in the frontend, one says availabilty is low stock and the date will be July 15th. and the other says: out of stock. Was there a change in the product details class too, I use VM Amazing from Yagendoo, and that theme shows that problem. Did already tell the yagendoo support about the issue.
I did try to test the beta release, but my problem is, that my localhost uses MySQL 5.5.x and VM does not install on that database version.
I think it is a good decision to leave (except of occurence of security issues) VM 1.1.x as it is.