News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What is the normal flow of Paypal API?

Started by Dog_Guy, June 07, 2011, 04:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog_Guy

HI,

Like everyone else in here I am trying to sort out pp, but from a very novice perspective.

I have gotten a pp account and got the three api pieces of info which I input into the VM config.

At checkout it has the PP option. I click the PP option and I get these errors:

Error: Credit Card Number not found!
Error: PayPal returned: Security header is not valid

Do I need to wait until pp has put the initial deposits into my account for me to verify on their site before I can go to the next stage?

Since with this set up, pp doesnt show a credit card form on my site (which is the main reason for using pp?) then why is it asking for one?

Does anyone know what the credit card payment option does? That is, I have also listed that on my site, but dont know once you fill out the details what is supposed to happen - do you then manually somehow get a bank to charge a credit card (and so you need a merchant account?)
You can buy healthy dog treats from either of my sites: http://www.dogwalkersmelbourne.com.au/ or http://www.healthydogtreats.com.au/

KKeys

Same error for me.  All 3 API infos (Username code and signature) are enter into the configuration page. I am also trying to figure out how to use the sandbox, but I can't even get that far yet with this error in the way.  Will do a second search on the forums here, and definitely post if I find something.
Oh, it did did seem to "work" for a transaction with no dollar amount a minute ago, after I enabled the SSL certificate in the store section under menu options (on the individual menu page for each store category in the Joomla admin menu manager) but now I see the error appearing again - still a priceless product.  I will keep you updated!

KKeys

KKeys

So, after searching the terms Paypal security header not valid I found this link in an old thread:
http://dev.virtuemart.net/issues/126

My issue appeared to be that
1. (perhaps) My SSL certificate was not activated - perhaps this was a contributing factor. There is a parameter to enable SSL for each menu item in the joomla menu items manger.  (i.e. select menu "main menu", select VM store category "flower store" and set the SSL enable to ON.)
2. I had the sandbox mode set to YES in the paypal payment method configuration window, while entering my brand new API infos for my actual company acct.  The sandbox mode requires a Paypal sandbox API to test.   So

You can type sandbox into the Paypal search window for a link to the Paypal sandbox testing site and set up your pretend user acct and pretend store acct with fake dollar amounts.  Then there is a button to get you sandbox API credentials, which apply to the pretend sandbox Store ACCT. 

I assume to go live, one simply sets the Sandbox mode in the VM payment method Form - Configuration to NO and enters the actual business API credentials above to switch everything over.

Reading the post again from above, the Payment Method I selected was Paypal (new API) - PP_API - which is HTML Form Based.  In the Payment Method Form there is a selection for Payment Method Type that gives options for credit cards, payment processor, bank debit, address only/ cash on delivery and, finally, HTML Form Based (e.g. Paypal).  Mine is set to the HTML Form Based option.  It seems is you are seeing a credit card processing screen then you maybe have this set for credit card?

Well, two other questions for other topics - but I guess I can ask if you have any insight?

1. If I want to sell a whole CD of MP3's - what file format is best for the digital download?  I don't want the to have to download and unzip a 150MB zip file - there must be another way!  (FYI - the test download file is just one small MP3 - one step at a time here.)

2. 1. The item I tested had a digital download - set to release once the status of the order is "Confirmed".  I have accepted the customer payment in my seller acct - status is confirmed - no email has been recieved for the download code.

Thanks everyone.