News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem processing PayPal payments

Started by Motoko, June 01, 2011, 21:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filmfarci

after debugging i found strange values on this page :      index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=checkout.result&order_id=776
This page is shown after an order was processed and PP says it's all OK (IPN transaction history/status of paypal is 200).
The upper part of this page is from checkout.result.php :

Thanks for your payment. The transaction was successful. You will get a confirmation e-mail for the transaction by PayPal. You can now continue or log in at www.paypal.com to see the transaction details.

But there is no download link below this text.  And no email send which contains a download link. And the order stays "pending".  And doing a print_r($auth) in this page (as a comment, to see this array content) i see "guest" and user_id=0 and username=demo !!? :

Array
(
    [show_prices] => 1
    [user_id] => 0
    [username] => demo
    [perms] =>
    [first_name] => guest
    [last_name] =>
    [shopper_group_id] => 5
    [shopper_group_discount] => 0.00
    [show_price_including_tax] => 1
    [default_shopper_group] => 1
    [is_registered_customer] =>
)

However the following debug info (i put VM debug on) states there *IS* a user in the session var $auth :

$auth:    Array ( [show_prices] => 1 [user_id] => 62 [username] => ********* [perms] => admin [first_name] => marc [last_name] => van bekkum [country] => FRA [zip] => 46210 [shopper_group_id] => 5 [shopper_group_discount] => 0.00 [show_price_including_tax] => 1 [default_shopper_group] => 1 [is_registered_customer] => 1 )

I can not trace this session behaviour, it seems its info is lost on the way.
I'm thinking of downgrading to 1.1.8 because with that versions i did not have this problem.
But downgrading seems risky to me .. what do you suggest?

stinga

First of all, you always get that message from J!/VM regardless if the payment was successful or not. It should be re-worded really.

If the order staying pending then the problem is with notify.php since this is what PP calls when the TRX is sent.
If PP says 200 OK then we said to PP that we got the data OK this does not mean we have done the correct thing with the data.

You will need to trace the flow of data through notify.php to see what is happening. Don't worry about the email yet, it will probably work once you get the order off pending status.

If PP sent the TRX and the status is 200 OK you should have an email to the shop administrator giving a hint as to what the problem is.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4