Author Topic: BUG. Tax Total not calculated correctly with tax based on shipping address  (Read 4103 times)

nicole2292

• Beginner
Hello,

I have a store with a very simply tax set up and really it should just work out of the box.

I am in Australia and have a 10% GST (tax) which is only to be charged to Australian customers.

To make matters even more simply we don't show prices or ordering ability until a person is logged in so they must already have their country set in there customer details by the time any tax is shown.

- We have one tax rate of 10% set up with the tax country set to Australia and no state or region.
- We are showing prices with tax included in the total.
- We are using tax based on the shipping address.
- We are using virtual tax.
- Multiple tax rates are not enabled.

The overall total prices are correct as is the order total for both international and Australian customers however the "tax total" is wrong.

For an Australian customer with a product in their cart which costs $22 (including tax) their tax total should be $2.00 however it says $0.00

If I proceed through the checkout and add shipping of say $11 (including tax) the tax total shows the tax only on the shipping portion so the tax total is now $1.00 when it really should be $3.00 ($2.00 on the product + $1.00 on the shipping) on the

Do you follow?

This seems like a major bug.

A few other notes: If I set the tax rates to multiple the GST rate shows up below the tax total with the correct amount shown but the total is still wrong as above.
If I set the tax based on vendor address the tax total is shown correctly however this is not how we need our store to function as in this case it will be charging everyone GST even overseas customers.

A similar issue is referenced here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=70966.0

Please assist.

Thankyou very much.

Nicole

nicole2292

• Beginner
Just to add to this I have been palying around with the relevant files html/basket.php and classes/ps_checkout.php for hours without a solution...

Any ideas appreciated. Although I really shouldn't have to be fixing core functionality like this.

nicole2292

• Beginner
I may have found a *solution*.

Use at own risk.

I have removed the if statement from line 1527 of classes/ps_checkout.php and just kept the code which was in the else output area as this seemed to be working.

It is working for me and functioning as I would like... so far haven't found any issues.

Use hack at your own risk.

skatman

• Beginner
Could you be kind enough to let us know what code did you exactly remove... i'd like to try your hack as i been banging my head trying to fix this issues, without anyluch may I add.

I have removed the if statement from line 1527 of classes/ps_checkout.php and just kept the code which was in the else output area as this seemed to be working.